“Boutique without the fuss - a little gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bel & The Dragon

Bel & The Dragon
Ranked #1 of 2 Churt B&B and Inns
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Boutique without the fuss - a little gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Was formally known as the Pride of the Valley - this has been updated and refurbished very nicely. Great touches such as free calls from your room, aperitif's in the room and stunning service make this a great place to stay.

One of those rare finds for those who want a stay with personality away from the major brand hotels. The restaurant was great and the food was described as high end dining without the fuss - and that's exactly what I got. From the local beers at the bar, to the signature dishes in the restaurant I would unhesitatingly recommend it as a place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed at Bel & The Dragon over the weekend and honestly cannot fault it at all. The rooms are bright and spacious (and very clean), breakfast was great and the staff are fantastic. The finishing touches are what makes this hotel great - there is a bottle of complementary sloe gin in the room and a communal room with free Nespresso coffee and a choice of two complementary 12 year single malt whiskeys! All in all, I would most definitely visit the hotel again.

Room Tip: We were lucky to stay in 'Darcy' which is highly recommended!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Just got home after a wonderful weekend at this great place. Visited the area for a friends party and did some researching before being lucky enough to find Bel! From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we felt so relaxed. Greeted by Mike and shown our lovely, comfortable room, we then had a chilled drink in the sun drenched garden. A tasty, fresh dinner later, we settled into our comfortable bed for a great sleep! Breakfast was good too! The team of staff are all excellent and were friendly and welcoming. I wanted to move in! This is not part of the world that we visit often unfortunately but if we do this will be where we stay.

Room Tip: Bertram is directly over the restaurant so was a little noisy until everyone had left!
shrewsbury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I found this place really by default.....with everywhere full up, I had no choice. I am staggered....I nearly missed this true golden experience.
I was met by Sonny who showed me to the room. He was very friendly without being too much. His chatter was just what I needed....
My room was a really lovely double. The true delight was hidden in the wardrobe doors...opened into a bathroom with an enormous roll top bath. Just what I needed.
There is a small snug on the first floor with complimentary coffee machines, and decanters of scotch. Not for me...that bath was calling.
The bed was very comfortable, with great bedding and good pillows.

Ginny helped me at breakfast, and my boiled eggs were done to perfection.

I have been working around Basingstoke for years, I cannot believe how I have not seen or heard of this place before, it's wonderful. Roll on next week, I am going back.

Room Tip: My room was called Bennett, a delightful double with roll bath, and big fluffy towels
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Budleigh Salterton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is an excellent hotel -great food,great room and very friendly and attentive staff.
The meal on Saturday evening was exceptional and the splendid Sunday roast was enhanced by the attention that Mike and the girls gave to our grandchildren -they loved it.
Mike and his team have created a second home for us in Surrey!
We shall be back

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Fully justifies a 5-star review - comfortable but classy decor, friendly and efficient staff, great food and reasonably priced.

I stayed here for a couple of nights recently and the staff were very helpful in accommodating an early check in and a late check-out. The room was great with a comfy bed, nice TV and tasteful decor. I tried both dinner and breakfast at the Bel - dinner was good with quality ingredients and professional service while breakfast was fantastic. No menu as such but you can help yourself to toast, excellent yoghurts, cereals etc and then order what hot food you fancy along the lines of bacon, eggs and pancakes - it was all really tasty (especially the pancakes which came with caramelised banana) and the service prompt.

Good value too - breakfast was included for something like £125 per night. I've been coming to the pub for years in its various guises and this is definitely its best yet. Have to mention the free malt whisky available in decanters on the accommodation floors too - nice touch!

We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
West Rainton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Having lived in Farnham for 5 years, making a return visit for a wedding, the Bel & The Dragon provided a lovely, relaxed base with exceedingly friendly staff. Mike and the team have managed to regenerate a great hotel / restaurant / bar and felt more like a house guest. Special mention to Beth for coming in early on Sunday morning (7am) so that we could enjoy an early breakfast before heading to Heathrow to catch our flight.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Churt
BEST WESTERN Frensham Pond Hotel
#4 of 6 in Farnham
Farnham House Hotel
Farnham House Hotel
#5 of 6 in Farnham

Been to Bel & The Dragon? Share your experiences!