“Weekend break”

Ranked #1 of 2 Churt B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Weekend break”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayd here for one night over the bank holiday weekend for a friends wedding. The room was lovely, clean and there was free damson vodka which was a nice gesture. I wish we could have stayed longer and explored the area.

One negative, my partner would have liked a full booked breakfast and was a bit disappointed not to see this on the hot menu. I was happy with the delishious scrambled eggs and bacon, which was cooked fresh and served quickly.

Would love to come back soon. Thank you for being so welcoming.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
London
Reviewed 21 May 2014

As a party of 16 staying over prior to a wedding the following day, we were so very well looked after by Mike and his team from checking in to checking out. As a larger party we pre-selected our food options from a choice of 2 set menus, and the food was excellent. The small touches eg sloe gin in the rooms, plus night cap options are well thought of and really make the stay more memorable and pleasing.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Was formally known as the Pride of the Valley - this has been updated and refurbished very nicely. Great touches such as free calls from your room, aperitif's in the room and stunning service make this a great place to stay.

One of those rare finds for those who want a stay with personality away from the major brand hotels. The restaurant was great and the food was described as high end dining without the fuss - and that's exactly what I got. From the local beers at the bar, to the signature dishes in the restaurant I would unhesitatingly recommend it as a place to stay.

Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed at Bel & The Dragon over the weekend and honestly cannot fault it at all. The rooms are bright and spacious (and very clean), breakfast was great and the staff are fantastic. The finishing touches are what makes this hotel great - there is a bottle of complementary sloe gin in the room and a communal room with free Nespresso coffee and a choice of two complementary 12 year single malt whiskeys! All in all, I would most definitely visit the hotel again.

Room Tip: We were lucky to stay in 'Darcy' which is highly recommended!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Just got home after a wonderful weekend at this great place. Visited the area for a friends party and did some researching before being lucky enough to find Bel! From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we felt so relaxed. Greeted by Mike and shown our lovely, comfortable room, we then had a chilled drink in the sun drenched garden. A tasty, fresh dinner later, we settled into our comfortable bed for a great sleep! Breakfast was good too! The team of staff are all excellent and were friendly and welcoming. I wanted to move in! This is not part of the world that we visit often unfortunately but if we do this will be where we stay.

Room Tip: Bertram is directly over the restaurant so was a little noisy until everyone had left!
shrewsbury
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I found this place really by default.....with everywhere full up, I had no choice. I am staggered....I nearly missed this true golden experience.
I was met by Sonny who showed me to the room. He was very friendly without being too much. His chatter was just what I needed....
My room was a really lovely double. The true delight was hidden in the wardrobe doors...opened into a bathroom with an enormous roll top bath. Just what I needed.
There is a small snug on the first floor with complimentary coffee machines, and decanters of scotch. Not for me...that bath was calling.
The bed was very comfortable, with great bedding and good pillows.

Ginny helped me at breakfast, and my boiled eggs were done to perfection.

I have been working around Basingstoke for years, I cannot believe how I have not seen or heard of this place before, it's wonderful. Roll on next week, I am going back.

Room Tip: My room was called Bennett, a delightful double with roll bath, and big fluffy towels
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Budleigh Salterton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is an excellent hotel -great food,great room and very friendly and attentive staff.
The meal on Saturday evening was exceptional and the splendid Sunday roast was enhanced by the attention that Mike and the girls gave to our grandchildren -they loved it.
Mike and his team have created a second home for us in Surrey!
We shall be back

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Churt
Best Western Frensham Pond Hotel
#5 of 6 in Farnham
Aviator Hotel
Aviator Hotel
#1 of 7 in Farnborough

Been to Bel & The Dragon? Share your experiences!