“Food amazing, staff hit and miss.”
Review of Sangri

Sangri
Ranked #48 of 474 Restaurants in Croydon
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
“Food amazing, staff hit and miss.”
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

I've eaten here numerous times and the food is great! Exactly what the doctor ordered. Meat is tender and succulent, starters are tasty and filling. Staff can be unattentive and slightly rude, which is unneeded considering its a very small restaurant. But nether the less, food is amazing. Food is not authentic Indian, but usually really good quality food isn't. Shame really. Always recommending people here! Go and check it out yourself

Croydon, United Kingdom
“A mixed review...”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Unfortunately I have a bit of a mixed review of Sangri:

I came here first on a Tuesday evening with a large group of friends. The restaurant was busy which was a good sign. Food was good, I had the Murgi Angara with coconut rice which was very nice. Service was a little slow as there were 10+ of us and the whole restaurant was full. Overall prices wasn't bad at all and enjoyed the atmosphere. I was still thinking about how good the meal tasted the next day!

After raving about this restaurant to my family we decided to get a takeaway on a Sunday evening a week later. We ordered a few mains and a few rice dishes. The delivery took a normal amount of time (30-45 minutes), the food was a little cold so we reheated some of it in the microwave and then we ate our meal. Big mistake! About two hours after our dinner, 3 members of my family including myself were either being sick or had an upset stomach and had temperatures. After drinking lots of water and having a early night we were all much better the next day. I wouldn't recommend getting a takeaway from Sangri especially on a Sunday evening as I wasn't too sure how fresh our food was.

I'll probably come to the restaurant again for a meal as it is cooked fresh but not order a takeaway.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank ATG1123
“No complaints..”
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

I went to eat with a few friends for lunch and the service we received was excellent. The waiters were constantly assertive and at our service. Food was made to a very good standard and served on time, especially the lamb darsha.. Definitely one to recommend! I have been to the restaurant many times after this and have recommended to friends and family too. Thank you!

• Visited April 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great little restaurant”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Been here a few times and never had any problems. Food is always of a high standard and staff very attentive with nothing too much trouble. Look forward to going back again soon.

• Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

One of the best I had so far in Croydon.
The food is so tasty and elegantly nice.
Will come again and my friends love it too.
I would recommend it.