“Impeccable Service”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Arrived about 19.30 on a Friday. We had not booked, so were very lucky to be offered a table.
We found our waiter extremely courteous. It was noticeable that the `boss` was watching absolutely everything, so much so that he gave me confidence that nothing was going to go amiss.
Had the usual poppadoms, very fresh, 65p for each.
For the main course I had the duck jalrezi, flavours were wonderful. For drinks we had their draught Kingfisher lager which was the best I've tasted. I mentioned this to the `boss` who assured me one of the reasons is they clean the lines every week, without fail.
Total bill for 4 poppadoms, two main courses and two rice dishes plus pint and a half of lager was £37.64
Just before leaving we were quietly asked by the `boss` had we enjoyed the meal and anything in particular, very obvious to us he wants satisfied customers.
We recommend this restaurant. Advice is to book a table, it is obviously very popular.

There are newer reviews for Sangri

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Been visiting Sangri for a many years now and I've never been disappointed. One of my faviourate indian restaurants. The food is superb, particularly the signature dishes. Very good service. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I've eaten I'm here numerous times, the last time I visited here the male serving me seemed abrupt and rude, however I let it slide as I assumed it was a one off, this time however it was unacceptable. He was tutting as he was waiting for us to order, lemonade took 20 minutes to come to the table. He was serving people their food over the edge of the glass pane instead of walking around and serving them how they should be. Attitude was disgusting, seemed he didn't want to be there and at £100 for 3 people to eat a starter and main it's not cheap, I expect a better quality of service for that price. Food was good, but not as amazing before, not sure if that's because of the sour taste the waiter left In our mouth or if the food just wasn't up to par. I won't be visiting here anytime soon, many better Indian restaurants in the surrounding area with a better quality of food and service.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We visited Sangri quite late one evening. we thought they were closed but they accommodated us. They were the nicest friendliest bunch I have ever come across.

The food was gorgeous. The little assortment of starters was so good - lots of really fresh flavors. Our Jalfreizi and Vinadaloo mains were really nice - portions appeared generous but I found there was quite an amount of sauce and not too much meat. Seriously spicy - and very fresh. The Peshwari Naan was particularly good. Excellent value. Wonderful staff. I think we were responsible for keeping the staff late that night!!!!!!

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I have been to Sangri several times and highly recommend the ambiance, food, and service levels. The duck jalrezi is my favourite.

However I ordered the chicken balti takeaway. What arrived was a cross between korma and butter chicken, no peppers or onions, and no spice! The chicken had no seasoning on any level. I would advise the chef has never seen or eaten a balti before.

The verdict use them to dine in but forget the takeaway!