Flexistay Tulsi Aparthotel
Average 3/5
    Very Good 4/5
    • Breakfast included
    View Hotel
    See what travellers are saying:
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 28 October 2013

The main advantage of this hotel is that Croydon East is some 15 minutes away from Gatwick. I was standing in the queue for passport control and an hour asleep in the hotel. The hotel itself is a bit farther from the Croydon East station than desirable when coming with a suitcase, but is not a bad walk when not in a hurry or when loaded with baggage. Cab may run GBP 7.00 or so. There is a bus service from close to the hotel to Croydon East. (Don't go to Croydon West bus station by mistake). London Victoria and London Bridge are also some 15-20 minutes by train. Croydon East is an important terminal and a lot of fast trains stop there.

The room itself was not that great, not that bad. Clean and plenty of hot water in the shower. Floor clean. Slept well. Internet connection poor as the room was far from the router. Fridge didn't work, could not keep my beer nice and cold. A small Tesco is about a minute away, and a small Sainsbury and larger Waitrose are almost at the station.

Of all the different Flexistay hotels, this one was the least desirable. It is good enough and of reasonable value.

Room Tip: Close to the router if you want internet. Away from the street to avoid night club noise.
    • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
    2  Thank Electroburger
    Reviewed 28 May 2013

I stayed here several times throughout 2012 while I attended some professional courses in Croydon and found it to meet my needs adequately.

The small kitchenette although rather worn and tired enabled me to cook my own meals which saved me a considerable amount of money on restaurant meals or take-aways and tasted a lot better too, although the cooking implements could do with being replaced (wooden spatulas in particular were well past their use by date)

The shower /bathroom was ample size with some rooms having a full bath. The water was hot and plentifull and as many towels as you wanted were readily available. The radiators give out loads of heat so the rooms are never cold and Free Wi-Fi in all the rooms was an extra bonus.

The rooms do vary a lot in size and layout, but of course they do accommodate singles and families. If you are allocated one of the less attractive or very small rooms it can leave a very poor impression, however I found that if I was not happy with the room and another was available I was moved with no problem at all.

On my first stay here I was moved from a very small single to a larger single located at the rear of the building which was very quiet, but on subsequent stays I was in a room facing the road which was much noisier as there is a pub accross the street, but I am a good sleeper so it didn't bother me, plus the room was spacious. All in all it provided me with a warm comfy clean bed to sleep in at a very reasonable cost for the area and within a short walk of where I was attending my course.

If you can afford luxury accommodation, and don't mind paying London hotel prices for breakfast, dinner & tea as well as any extras you might want, then it is probably better for you to choose that option. Interestingly a colleague who stayed in 'better' accommodation found cockroaches in her room. On the 4 occasions I have stayed here I have never found any bugs of any sort. The fact that this hotel is often full speaks for itself.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back of the building are generally quieter. some rooms are bigger or have a better layout so ask to see other available rooms before accepting what they offer you, but be aware that they often do not have empty rooms.
    • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
    Reviewed 14 December 2012

This is a basic, but relatively cheap option for an overnight stay if you need to be at Gatwick early or arrive late. The room is fitted with a small kitchenette (with microwave, kettle, utensils etc) and an en-suite. Tea and coffee with biscuits plus orange juice is provided. Everything is clean (no smell in my room!). No lift, but friendly and helpful at reception and help with bags. Close to East Croydon (with excellent connections to Gatwick and London).

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
    2  Thank tqriviera
    Reviewed 5 August 2012

Well took a punt on this place based on the 3 star rating and the proximity to our event and well I can only describe the reviews as a tad dishonest.

1. The smell of this place was like a kitchen which was so off putting. There is a kebab shop underneath the hotel so one can only imagine the smell at night.
    2. The wireless router set up in the hallway on a makeshift stand, we should have turned around and left then.
    3. The room, well I could roll over in bed and cook my eggs for breakfast fom the bed!

If you want a bed sitter with a stove with no vent and a cooking smells throughout the building then this is the place for you. No issue with the place being what it is but don't sell it as something it's not.

We went somewhere else immediately.

Yes some may say they liked it but we have travelled all over the world and this rates with some of the accommodation we had in rural southern China, however there prices were ten times less cost!!

If you want to stay in the area I would go for a larger chain and pay the extra as you will be worth it.

How bad was this place ( the smell and the bed that was ten inches off he floor) well my wife and I stayed mmm say six minutes in total as we got on the iPad and booked a more reputable hotel which was more expensive but so so much better than what this place was.

Yes it has potential but in future before I booki will look at google maps to get a street view which would have in this instance sent me packing to look for alternatives.

Basically a waist of money!!!!!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
    8  Thank jackbilly44
    Reviewed 28 June 2012

Really good place to spend some days in London. 15 minutes away from Victoria train station to East Croydon train station, and hotel is just 10 minutes by walk from the train station.Value for money is perfect & our room which was perfect. It was clean, roomy, and extremely comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to anybody. It was definitely the best nights sleep I've had in London in a very long time, and came with everything you would want. Extremely happy with everything.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends