“Our Stay”

Hilton London Croydon
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Croydon
Reviewed 19 June 2014

yje hotel was clean and staff ok however the trip was marred by the air conditioning not working and it was an extemely hot, muggy night - no fans to offer and the window was screwed shut. Now I am unable to go to the next step because I need a minimum of 200 characters to set the review!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
DRHotelManager, General Manager at Hilton London Croydon, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Debby C

Thank you for leaving a review of your stay with us. I am glad that you found the hotel clean and staff helpful. I was sorry to read about the issue with the Air Conditioning and do sincerely apologise for that. The issue has now been resolved and we do hope you will give us the opportunity to be of service to you in the future.

Thanks

David

Write a ReviewReviews (1,279)

Reviewed 18 June 2014

The Hilton Purley Way Croydon is a disaster. The receptionist was un-friendly and failed completely to understand my reservation and also for my colleagues. The room condition was very poor, plugs were falling off the wall, the carpets were dirty and the bathroom was very tired. When you find other peoples hair in the bathroom you know its not good... This is an awful Hotel avoid it like the plague

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Neil M

Dear Neil M,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your recent stay with us at Hilton Croydon. I am sorry that you felt that the receptionist was unfriendly and did not understand your reservation. As she explained at the time, when any guests cancels or changes a reservation, this has to be notified to our reservations department immediately to avoid any errors on the booking for departures.

I have noted your comments about the room and though not recently refurbished, our rooms are kept ultra clean, and I am sorry this was not to your satisfaction. I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and also for your custom.

Kind regards

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Decent location
Good price on deal with breakfast and free cancelation.
Rooms dated but clean bathroom and beds
Superb breakfast. Nice foyer area for relaxing and plenty of free parking most importantly very helpful and friendly staff

• Stayed: June 2014
DRHotelManager, General Manager at Hilton London Croydon, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Formando,
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review of our Hotel after your recent stay with us. I am glad that you found our Hotel to be good value for money with free cancellation, superb breakfast and very helpful and friendly staff.

Our aim at Hilton Croydon is the have our guests enjoy their stay and leave wanting to return.
many thanks once again.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Hotel is just OK for a Hilton, a few bits below standard, bathroom is dated and hair found on sheets. The breakfast staff are excellent and good food variety. Ample parking at the hotel. Staff highly professional.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Anis H,
Thank you for leaving a review of our Hotel after your stay. I am glad that you found our staff to be excellent and very professional and were able to take advantage of our complimentary parking. Our rooms though not recently refurbished are cleaned to a high standard and I am sorry that this was not the case with your bathroom.

Thanks agaion and hope you will give us the opportunity to be of service to you again.

regards

Reviewed 15 June 2014

What a great hotel, from booking in to leaving. Welcomed by
warm & friendly staff at reception, to the lovely & polite staff
In the bar & restaurant. Cnt fault it at all. Room was as I expected
it to b, clean, pleasant & roomy. Food was A* in the restaurant
as was the great choice at breakfast. Only downside was the cost
of the wine! but there was plenty of other drinks available.
Lift to all floors. This is a fine class hotel that I would highly
recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
DRHotelManager, General Manager at Hilton London Croydon, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Elanor52,
Thank you for leaving a review of our hotel after your recent stay with us. I was glad that you had a warm and friendly welcome on arrival and everything was to your satisfaction. Regarding the cost of wine, I can assure you that we are in line with competition in the area.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review. It is very much appreciated.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

A. When its in Croydon.

I am a Hilton Diamond Member so have been to quite a few Hiltons. To quote Mr Conrad Hilton "When a property raises the Hilton flag, it signals a contemporary, first-class hotel experience that travelers can trust". You bet he hasn't stayed in this hotel. As other TA's say the front desk area is nicely chilled and looks modern and attractive. But get out of the lift and its shabbiness, dirt, no air-conditioning (the fan is actually waiting outside your room ready for when you ask if the aircon is working) and smelly toilets and showers. The fridge did not work, the carpets are just well 'depressingly bad'. Staff tried hard to smile and rectify things but like the band on the Titanic its a no-win. I have stayed in better Days Inns, at least they are generally clean. I now realise the price reflects the standard but I think the reason people chose chains like the Hilton is that they have brand standards and this is now the worst I have been to by a mile (Hilton Luxembourg has stubbornly held that distinction for a few years). I have not given it a terrible because the staff tried hard. The GM seems to read TA comments but obviously is not given the cash that is so desperately needed. Don't bother with this one - it will suit no-one.

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank nzbased
DRHotelManager, General Manager at Hilton London Croydon, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear nzbased,
Thanks for the review of the hotel and sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this trip. Please be assured that as Hotel manager I read all of our guest comments and naturally I am disappointed we have fallen short on this occasion.
As a Diamond member I am grateful of your Loyalty to our brand. Our Hotel is not the newest in the portfolio by any stretch but our absolute aim is to ensure a comfortable night's stay in clean and functional surroundings so I was disappointed we did not deliver this to you. Cleanliness is a fundamental basic so whilst you have not mentioned specifics this is something we will continue to move on.
During your stay we did experience a major AC issue which affected the majority of our rooms. Whilst engineers attended to the problem immediately, it did take significant time to resolve so I am sorry this affected your stay
Many thanks again for your feedback

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Old rooms not refurbished , Internet - way of relogin is not time of the art and also slow. Not to recommend for Business use. Bar and Service there is ok. Checkout with bill for a Company (Address and so on ) can be a nightmare...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Michael P,
Thanks for your brief review of our hotel. Though our rooms are not recently refurbished we ensure they are clean and in good working order. Our internet has actually been faster since our recent change of providers. I am glad that you found the bar and service okay.
Thank you for your patronage.

regards