Hilton London Croydon
Jurys Inn London Croydon(Croydon)(Great Value!)
US$90
Agoda.com
US$52
Travelodge
1,308 results
All reviewsbreakfast was excellenttrain stationone night staygatwick airportpurleyvictoria
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night prior to going on holiday from Gatwick. Overall not bad - no outstanding points either good or bad. Air conditioning would have been nice. The staff were friendly and the location, for us, was very handy.

• Stayed: June 2014
DRHotelManager, General Manager at Hilton London Croydon, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear SarahWilliams13,

Thanks for your review of our hotel. I am glad that you found our hotel to be located ideally with quick access to gatwick airport and found our staff to be very friendly.

Many thanks once again

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Had a room booked and confirmed by email from Hilton system. On arrival the hotel was full. NO satisfactory answer and no solution. Appalling service by this Hilton. More than an hour to phone around and eventually booked me into an absolute hole. All of this while still charging the full £189 and expecting me to come all the way back the next morning for the inclusive breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Stephan S

Dear Stephen S,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay at our hotel. I am sorry that you felt that the service you received was not up to standard. I do understand that you had checked in on arrival but decided to check out and go with your friend whom we had to book out to another hotel as we were fully booked.

I am also aware that your rooms at the other hotel were comfirm straightaway and that you have since spoken to our Front Office Manager who has resolved this issue with you.

Thank you once again for your time.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed with friends for a weekend in June & found that the hotel was definitely not up to the usual Hilton standard. The rooms were very hot & the air con was not working properly. The hotel also ran out of clean towels which I think has to be a first !! Towels did eventually arrive early evening & the explanation for the shortfall was that the hotel was fully booked !!?? The reception staff did not seem interested in the guests or any complaints. As mentioned by a previous reviewer, the reception area had air con working but the rooms didn't !! Usually I would recommend a Hilton Hotel every time but this hotel is one to avoid.

Stayed: June 2014

Dear lanandAli1,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel. I am sorry that you felt that our hotel was not up to the usual Hilton standard. Although not recently refurbished, we ensure that our rooms are ultra clean and and in good working order. We do have a number of projects underway to continually improve the condition of all areas.

I am sorry about the issue with the towels, which took a little while but were finally resolved.
Thanks again for your feedback.

regards

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed one night on 22 June. When we checked into the hotel room, there was a table fan and the room was stuffy. I thought maybe they just switched on the air condition and it was a hot day so they gave a fan to cool down the room faster. I went out and came back three hours later and the room was still stuffy with no air conditioned. When I complained , the hotel manager told me they can't change my room because they were fully booked. They will try but if no room they will refund my money! At 8pm they expect me to go to town and look for another hotel to stay! Is that an acceptable solution? If I had not kicked up such a big fuss and insisted they change my room I seriously do not think they will! Suddenly it dawned to me that the the hotel management might were aware of the faulty air cond because they already placed a table fan in the room when I checked in!
The only pleasant encounter I had was the receptionist who did the check in and one waitress in their restaurant .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
DRHotelManager, General Manager at Hilton London Croydon, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Npgl,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us at Hilton Croydon. I was sorry to read of the issue you expereinced with the air conditioning system. Unfortunately on that day, we did have some issues with the air conditioning system which was resolved the next day. Our team members should have made you aware of the issues at check in.

I have discussed your comments with the department concerned and can assure you that lessons will be learnt from this to ensure there are no reoccurances in the future.
Thanks once again for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Okay - first off, this hotel is very nice and is located conveniently off the Purley Way, we were going to a family Birthday in Banstead and this hotel offered the best value for money out of the others available.

The hotel is nicely laid out, the restaurant served a fantastic breakfast, which boasted a very wide selection of both continental and cooked breakfast options. Food was delicious and the perfect solution after a late night celebrating.

The room was also comfortable, the bed was large, but you could feel every spring in the mattress. My fiancee occasionally suffers from back problems, after spending a single night on that mattress, he was left feeling very uncomfortable the following day.

It was such a shame because the hotel was really lovely apart from that on thing. Would we stay again? Not unless they guarantee that the mattress has been replaced.

We stayed in the DoubleTree Hilton in Bristol the following week and wow, what a difference - the bed was really comfortable. I think we just had a bit of bad luck on this one!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
DRHotelManager, General Manager at Hilton London Croydon, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear soton-mike80,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our Hotel after your recent stay with us. I am glad that you found us to be good value for money, enjoyed a fantastic breakfast with our wide selection of hot and cold foods.
I am sorry that you expereinced an issue with the mattrass in your allocated room and have discussed this with our housekeeping department so that further checks on mattrasses can be carried out.
Thanks once again and hope to be of service to you again in the future.