“Great food”

Hilton London Croydon
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Croydon
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We didn't stay at this hotel but did call in for a meal recently.
The food here was fantastic! All really fresh and tasty! The scallops, chicken livers and the steak pie were especially good!
We must mention the staff as they were so nice. Jakir and Abby were so friendly and helpful and really looked after our young son!
After this visit we would consider staying here next time and will definitely be paying another visit to the restaurant!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tired-out-dad
DRHotelManager, General Manager at Hilton London Croydon, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Tied-out-dad,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your dinning experience in our Larder Restaurant. I am glad that you enjoyed the food and found it to be fresh and tasty. I will pass on your compliments to all team members including Jakir and Abby.

We look forward to being of service to you again in the future.

Kind regards

There are newer reviews for Hilton London Croydon

Reviewed 25 July 2014

my daughter and I had afternoon tea to celebrate my birthday, and what a treat it was,delicious selection of sandwiches and cakes, a goodie bag to take some cakes home! Abby looked after us and had a lovely smile! thankyou Hilton for a fab afternoon.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jillifer

Dear Jillifer,
Thank you for your review of our Afternoon Tea dining experience. I was happy to read that you and your daughter had a fabulous afternoon, enjoyed the food and were properly looked after by Abby. I will pass you compliments to her.

Thanks once again for your custom and look forward to being of service again.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

STAYED for 4 nights from the 7th July , the hotel I thought was lovely my room was spacious and clean and I was very pleased with what was in the room. felt at home!

THE HOTEL STAFF WERE BRILLIANT ESPECIALLY BEN AND ABBY FROM THE BAR AND RESTAURANT AND THERE SUPERVISOR WITH THE GOATY BEARD!! THERE PRAISES NEED TO BE SUNG AS THEY WERE FRIENDLY AND SO HELPFUL AND POLITE , GREAT STAFF NEED TO BE PRAISED!!

I have to say that I did not sleep well due the pillows ( weird I no) but I had to roll my duvet up and lay it across my pillows to get some comfort and every time I moved the bed made noises and couldn't sleep even slept on the floor one night!!

The food was lovely tried different things off the menu , the steak and ale pie was lovely and the chicken tikka curry, garlic bread , also the steak, onion rings were lovely, sorry to say this but the burger on the menu was very dry!

AS FOR THE PIZZA ON THE MENU DON'T BUY!! IT LOOKS GREAT AS THEY PREDICT IT , BUT IN FACT ITS A CHICAGO TOWN STUFFED CRUST PEPPERONI PIZZA OUT THE BOX WITH THE CHEF PUTTING ON A LITTLE BIT OF ROCKET AND CLAIMING IT TO BE HIS OWN!! .......SO SO WRONG!! £1:99 FROM ASDA.....£12:00 ON THERE MENU!!
WAS NOT HAPPY ABOUT THIS!!

But this is my opinion and I would stay here again!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear s16ear,
Thank you for leaving a review of your stay with us at Hilton Croydon. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and almost everything was to your satisfaction. I am sorry you did not like the burger or pizza, but all other foods were to your taste.

I will be passing on your lovely compliments to Abby, Ben and Jakob (the supervisor with the goaty beard). Thanks once again for your review and your custom which is very much appreciated.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night prior to going on holiday from Gatwick. Overall not bad - no outstanding points either good or bad. Air conditioning would have been nice. The staff were friendly and the location, for us, was very handy.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear SarahWilliams13,

Thanks for your review of our hotel. I am glad that you found our hotel to be located ideally with quick access to gatwick airport and found our staff to be very friendly.

Many thanks once again

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Had a room booked and confirmed by email from Hilton system. On arrival the hotel was full. NO satisfactory answer and no solution. Appalling service by this Hilton. More than an hour to phone around and eventually booked me into an absolute hole. All of this while still charging the full £189 and expecting me to come all the way back the next morning for the inclusive breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Stephan S

Dear Stephen S,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay at our hotel. I am sorry that you felt that the service you received was not up to standard. I do understand that you had checked in on arrival but decided to check out and go with your friend whom we had to book out to another hotel as we were fully booked.

I am also aware that your rooms at the other hotel were comfirm straightaway and that you have since spoken to our Front Office Manager who has resolved this issue with you.

Thank you once again for your time.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed with friends for a weekend in June & found that the hotel was definitely not up to the usual Hilton standard. The rooms were very hot & the air con was not working properly. The hotel also ran out of clean towels which I think has to be a first !! Towels did eventually arrive early evening & the explanation for the shortfall was that the hotel was fully booked !!?? The reception staff did not seem interested in the guests or any complaints. As mentioned by a previous reviewer, the reception area had air con working but the rooms didn't !! Usually I would recommend a Hilton Hotel every time but this hotel is one to avoid.

Stayed: June 2014

Dear lanandAli1,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel. I am sorry that you felt that our hotel was not up to the usual Hilton standard. Although not recently refurbished, we ensure that our rooms are ultra clean and and in good working order. We do have a number of projects underway to continually improve the condition of all areas.

I am sorry about the issue with the towels, which took a little while but were finally resolved.
Thanks again for your feedback.

regards

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed one night on 22 June. When we checked into the hotel room, there was a table fan and the room was stuffy. I thought maybe they just switched on the air condition and it was a hot day so they gave a fan to cool down the room faster. I went out and came back three hours later and the room was still stuffy with no air conditioned. When I complained , the hotel manager told me they can't change my room because they were fully booked. They will try but if no room they will refund my money! At 8pm they expect me to go to town and look for another hotel to stay! Is that an acceptable solution? If I had not kicked up such a big fuss and insisted they change my room I seriously do not think they will! Suddenly it dawned to me that the the hotel management might were aware of the faulty air cond because they already placed a table fan in the room when I checked in!
The only pleasant encounter I had was the receptionist who did the check in and one waitress in their restaurant .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
DRHotelManager, General Manager at Hilton London Croydon, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Npgl,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us at Hilton Croydon. I was sorry to read of the issue you expereinced with the air conditioning system. Unfortunately on that day, we did have some issues with the air conditioning system which was resolved the next day. Our team members should have made you aware of the issues at check in.

I have discussed your comments with the department concerned and can assure you that lessons will be learnt from this to ensure there are no reoccurances in the future.
Thanks once again for taking the time to give us your feedback.