Croydon Park Hotel
Jurys Inn London Croydon(Croydon)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$69
US$57
Agoda.com
1,529 results
All reviewsbuffet styleleisure clubbit datedtrain stationleisure facilitieslondon bridgegatwick airportfamily roomoscarsgymjacuzzivictoriafunction
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Tucked away from, but very convenient for the centre of Croydon, this hotel is unprepossessing from the outside. But when you step inside it is a cut above many business oriented hotels that I have used. very nice ambience, very good restaurant, very good food on a buffet style but what a buffet!

Rooms are clean, modern and comfortable. Car park on site. Reasonably priced as well.

Room Tip: Always ask for a high room wherever you stay, you may get a view and it is generally going to be quieter
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
croydonpark, Front Office Manager at Croydon Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2011

Dear JustmyopinionStill

Thanks for leaving us a review here.

All in all from your description of your stay you had a wonderful stay, and we are very pleased that we could make that happen.

Now that you know exactly how great our buffet is, why not have another great experience and order from our Ala Carte menu the next time you are here? I promise you will not be disappointed.

Hurry back

Reviewed 27 July 2011

I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised with the hotel. Parking facilties are perfect and check-in was effecient. My partner and I were upraded to Executive double which was not the original plan but was arranged via the hotel and was a lovely surprise. the room was spacious with two large double beds which wasnt needed but wasnt a problem at all. bathrobes were provided which added that special touch to our stay. we opted for room service which was no extra cost (surprisingly) and to our amazement the food was plentiful and absolutely delicious.

The ONLY thing I was a little disappointed with was the level of noise from the room next to us. The walls seem a little thin so you could hear just about anything.

However, I would highly recommend this hotel for leisure especially with the spa facilities available. Croydon Park hotel is a lovely hotel and I wish them and staff all the best in the future.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear MissM28

Thanks for leaving us a review here.

I am certainly pleased at your account of your stay with us, and being called a little gem, will add a smile to the faces of the entire staff and management body.

Its my hope that we will get another opportunity in the not so distant future to welcome you back to The Croydon Park Hotel.

Reviewed 26 July 2011

The hotel is fine reasonable food most rooms are OK but a lot of the common areas in particular are looking dated. ideal if you want to be in Central London quickly you can catch a train from East Croydon on 5 mins walk away. On site parking as well so you dont need to worry

Room Tip: Ask for an Executive room they have been upgraded and watch the location for noise make sure you are away from the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
croydonpark, Front Office Manager at Croydon Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2011

Dear Steve_l049

Reviewed 24 July 2011

My son, husbond and myself had a wonderful stay at the hotel. We stayed four nights. The breakfast was nice with all the things we are used to: Egg, bacon, bread, cerials, yoghurt, fruit an plenty more. Our four year old son loved the pool-area! We had bougth travelcards for zones 1-6, so we could travel from the East Croydon train station included in the card. The journey to Victoria station took just 15-16 minutes, and if we just missed a train there would come another only ten minutes later. We are sure to choose this hotel again on a later trip. The only negative we have to say about our stay was that there were some noise from at school-class staying at our floor. They were running in the hallway and shouting a lot late at night. We told the staff about this the next day, and it got a little better the next night.. Compared to living in London centre, we did avoid traffic noise and sirenes all night long!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Finn
1  Thank Laila-traveler

Dear Laila-traveler

Thanks for leaving us a review here.

From your account you and your family seem to have had a wonderful stay whilst you were with us. I am glad that you were able to use and enjoy the different facilities that we have.

We do look forward to welcoming you and your family in the near future.

Reviewed 17 July 2011

I arrived here at 9:45 to find that bar stopped serving hot foodvat 10pm which is not very good for a hotel of this supposed class. Service was good however although burger was very well done.

I had the infamous room 299 (so unloved that it wasn't on the bar/ restaurant computer systems. Clearly a converted store room with a distinctly funny smell. Not really fit for human habitation!

In morning I asked to be moved to another room and receptionist arranged this right away to a very pleasant room with a front view, as soon as I mentioned which room I was in. Obviously, they know there is a problem.

Good breakfast and a very good dinner in the hotel restaurant - excellent value buffet with fresh food and a roast.

Overall, the hotel salvaged the position and avoided a no star scathing report by dealing with the room problem immediately & without any hasstle. However, if the management want to avoid bad reviews, maybe room 299 should be confined to the dustbun of history. £85/night can't make up for bad reviews!

• Stayed: July 2011

Dear dfscot

Thanks for leaving us a review here.

I am happy that even though as you described you got off to a dire start that we were able to put things in order and resolved the issues. All your points will be looked into and addressed accordingly.