Croydon Park Hotel
US$75
US$71
  • Breakfast included
Jurys Inn London Croydon(Croydon)(Great Value!)
US$68
Agoda.com
US$53
Travelodge
1,525 results
All reviewsbuffet styleleisure clubbit datedtrain stationleisure facilitieslondon bridgegatwick airportfamily roomoscarsgymjacuzzivictoriafunction
Reviewed 23 January 2013

It's in a good location, car parking was good and was £5 over night.

We used the pool and sauna which were quite good too, don't forgot flip flops as the changing room floor wasn't very clean.

The rooms were comfortable and warm and the shower was nice too. Had Christmas dinner there and the staff were nice and helpful.

The breakfast was over priced but tasty.

• Stayed: December 2012
croydonpark, Front Office Manager at Croydon Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2013

Dear Foreverpk

Thanks for leaving us a review here.

All in all your stay seemed to have been a pleasant and enjoyable one. Your comment concerning the floor in The Leisure Club will checked and the matter addressed.

We do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 20 January 2013

This hotel is great Until you enter your room and lay down on the bed , I noticed that our bed was not just one size queen bed it was double bed put together. and to me that was disappointing. I booked the Honeymoon suit, we did not receive all that comes with the package. That was my first time In UK. and my experience at the hotel was not all bad except the fact that the service and the bed situation.

over All, its not a bad a hotel, If only they provide what they promise int heir packages!!

The Next time I am in UK I will diffidently give them another chance in hopes of getting Queen size bed.
sincerely the western girl!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear HaiderH651

Thanks for leaving us a review here.

I am very sorry to hear that you somehow did not get what you booked included in the honeymoon package. I would like to personally look into this, so if you could send me an email with your booking details and I will see what happed.

Please send to reservations@croydonparkhotel.com Attention: juanita and I will investigate and get back to you.

We do hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Croydon Park in the near future.

Reviewed 15 January 2013

We stayed here on a Saturday night (myself and my partner and his parents) as we were there for a belated Christmas function. We immediately received a free upgrade to adjoining executive rooms with two king size beds in each. The man on receptionist was so charming, polite and attentive, as we're all the staff in the hotel. The rooms were immaculate and warm and the breakfast was lovely. The pool and jacuzzi were relaxing and quiet, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and now I am looking to book an afternoon tea there to treat my mum.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Dear APC15_04

Thanks for leaving us a review here.

I am very happy to see that you and your family had a great time with us. Your kind comments will be passed on to all the members of staff who I am sure will be pleased that they made your stay great.

We do look forward to hosting you in the near future.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

We used to live in Croydon so when returning to visit family we have often stayed at the Croydon Park Hotel. The last time was over 8 years ago and things have gone downhill since then. The hotel used to be great. Nothing special but clean, comfortable and well maintained.

We booked interconnecting executive rooms. The booking process was interesting. I called the booking line for the group who said that they could not say if the hotel had interconnecting rooms. So I called the hotel who said yes they did. I checked that they had one on the top floor for the recently 'refurbished' executive rooms and yes. I asked my father in law to go to the hotel and book the room. He was offered other rooms but not executive floor ones so I called back and was told no there was no connecting rooms. I sent my father in law back to check the rooms and yes they did have interconnecting rooms on the executive floor. He asked for one room to be a double one a twin and that was noted on the booking.

When we arrived the twin was another double so we had to wait for that to be changed. We also had parking included in the room fee on the booking but they then tried to charge us extra for it (ten minutes of head scratching and they agreed it was complimentary). The door to the car park was also not locked - you were meant to use your key but you could just walk in!

We then saw the room. Refurbished it was not. Redecorated with a new carpet was the extent of it and the redecoration/refurbishment was done to such a poor standard with cheap furniture and shoddy workmanship (the carpet was cheap and coming away from the wall. In the hallway it was changing colour yet the old carpet on the other floors was still in good condition).A tissue was used to stop the interconnecting door banging and to lock one door it had to be pulled inwards first. There was a slot in the cupboard for a small ironing board but there was a large ironing board out in the room (waiting to fall on passers by). The toilet in our room did not flush properly. The taps were old and the shower was hit and miss for temperature. Surely it would not have cost that much more to replace these things during the refurbishment. The aircon/heating was old, noisy and smelt of cigarette smoke. Screws in a lot of the fixings were in crooked making the finish looks a mess and catching on clothes.

I have no idea what the blood like marks on the lampshades were (nor why one room had 2 bedside lamps and the other only one) or the white mark on one of the chairs. The tea bag mark on the carpet by the bin was interesting.

The pubic hairs and shower gel drips on the bath were not interesting (I disinfected the baths before use). There were no bin liners nor sanitary bags (yuck). Some days we got a bottle of water in each room some days we got only one.

The door chains had clearly been ripped off the wall at some stage but whoever but them back was no tradesman. No attempt had been made to smooth the wall again.

My daughter has a lift phobia so we had to use the stairs and they had rain (we think but it could have been water from the plumbing) pouring into them (they were marked emergency only but there was no way we could use the lift and I have never experienced a hotel with no stairs so didn't think to ask when making the booking).

The leisure centre was dirty too (are you meant to be able to scrape gunk off the pool tiles with your nail?) but the pool was warm and the kids enjoyed it. Though the jacuzzi was so hot no one could use it!

Dining was mixed. The breakfast was mostly good (some undercooked pastries and one day whilst everyone around us was provided with a pot of tea or coffee we were asked to use the self service tea station). Whistlers food was good but there were no child portions and service took forever. Room service was great but again no kiddies meals.

Oscars wasn't great. We were pushed towards the buffet and had to ask for the a la cart menu. The menu is a bit eclectic with no real grounding. Again no kiddies meal portions (though to be fair we did not ask if they would do small portions for less cost). The food was mediocre!

The restaurant is filthy though. The chairs need a good clean. There was tea spilt in the sugar bowls for days on end and milk splashes up the vases. Some of the vases had marbles in them rather than flower stones.

It is such a shame as the staff were lovely and really helpful. With a little cleaning, a little attention to detail (when things break fix them properly don't bodge it) and a little pride it could be a really pleasant hotel but as it was I just wanted to wash us off when we got home!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank doodlemoo
Reviewed 21 December 2012

Stayed recently with two friends and had a room with twin beds and a sofa bed. The beds were very comfortable although the sofa bed mattress was very thin and resulted in a less comfortable night for one of us. As stated by others, the rooms are quite cold and the heating is loud but to be fair, it does work very quickly. The rooms are clean and there are nice toiletries in the bathroom. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Can't comment on breakfast as we did not have any. Big plus point is the location, 3 minutes walk from the train station and only a 15 minute train ride from London Victoria. It would be helpful if they could be more flexible about checking in time as I'm sure some rooms must be available prior to 3pm. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
croydonpark, Front Office Manager at Croydon Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2013

Dear Daffodildazy

Thanks for leaving us a review here.

I am happy that your stay with us was a pleasant one.

When its possible we do check in guest prior to 3pm, unfortunately the room type thats needed(eg a tripple room) might not yet be ready when you arrive at the hotel prior to 3pm, but generally its no problem to check guest in earlier.

We look forward to welcoming and hosting you in the future.