“Great hotel, conveniently located between Gatwick and City” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Croydon Park Hotel

Croydon Park Hotel
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Croydon
London, United Kingdom
“Great hotel, conveniently located between Gatwick and City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

The hotel is great,as we found out it has recently been renovated. The staff is very friendly and attentive to guests needs. There is a leisure club with swimming pool and jacuzzi on the ground floor which we also enjoyed. Overall great stay!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
croydonpark, Front Office Manager at Croydon Park Hotel, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear 70VictoriaG70

Thanks for leaving us a review here. Wow! you said your stay was great. That's a statement we definitely love hearing.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the world.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

We stayed for 2 nights and were upgraded to an executive double, which was spacious enough for our needs. A cot was placed in the corner of the room for our 20 month old. There was also a sofa/seating area.
There was a big bath in the bathroom, great for kids. The bed was extremely comfortable - one of the best sleeps I've had in a hotel stay.

We didn't eat in the restaurant but did have the breakfast, which was one of the best I have had in a restaurant of this standard - plenty of choice and the bacon was delicious.

The spa area is very small - it suited our needs - it has an excellent kids pool, and a lovely jacuzzi. I wouldn't recommend for adults without kids.

Handy location and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: ask for newly furbished ones on fourth floor
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank evilone
Dear cevilone

Thanks for leaving us a review here.

Its pleasing to see that you enjoyed your time with us and we do look forward to hosting you and your family in the near future.

Newyork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

Having retired from the hotel industry, I was expecting a high level of customer service from the 4starts Croydon Park Hotel.
I stayed at the hotel for 2nights and was impressed with the variety of food offered at the breakfast and the service provided.
But I would like to point out that, as an experienced retired manager, the senior management has to show discretion when it comes to customers. I was extremely shocked to see, what it seems like a senior manager, to walk into a crowded breakfast buffet and help himself out of the buffet and come back again for the lunch.
From my 30 years of experience, I strongly believe, could it be a elderly suited gentleman walking out of the staff entrance, should never help himself on the food while people are queuing for the food.

I am not the kind of person who complaints for small things but as per my experience, I thing a hotel with this standard should give strict instruction to his management level.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Jennifer F
croydonpark, Front Office Manager at Croydon Park Hotel, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Dear jenniferf457

Your comments have been noted and will be addressed accordingly.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

Really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Check in was fine although I did think the receptionists could put on a smile. Bedroom was nice and clean and my daughter and son seemed happy with it all. A cot was provided as requested and we also really enjoyed the pool area. Breakfast was nice too. Would definitely visit again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear KIM1409

I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Here at The Croydon Park Hotel we do believe in welcoming all our guest with a warm smile so I am very sorry to hear that you did not experience this.

I will certainly be speaking to the Reception team to ensure that we do not slip on this in the future.

Thanks and we look forward to seeing you soon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

I stayed here be a use I was attending a workshop. Very inconsistent service and no accountability. There motto is the customer is always wrong. This happened throughout the stay in my workshop and as a guest. I was charged for breakfast. (Which is th same subpar buffet every day and £££) then told it was not paid for and charged again.

Staff on one occasion interrupted the workshop by hammering on the door even though a very clear sign was on the door staying exams were taking place. Then became rude and yelled al the facilitator calling him an inappropriate name. When a manager was involved he took the side of the staff member.

Rooms are antiquated though the pictures on line look modern and nice.

Do NOT stay at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank DV1980WIZ
croydonpark, Front Office Manager at Croydon Park Hotel, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Dear DV1980WIZ

It's unfortunate that my colleague had to enter the meeting room, but it was a matter of necessity.

There are always two sides to every incident that happens and there is a right way by which to deal with every incident.

Now we have all read your account of the incident and we also have my colleagues' account of the incident.

Please note that it was not by any means acceptable for you to have put your hand on the staff member and drag her by her arm to the reception. This could have gotten way out of control if she had retaliated to you manhandling her. As a hotel, we do take this very seriously and urgently want you to contact us so that the issue can be resolved.

As a rule all managers will listen to both guest and staff member, sorry if you interpreted that as the manager taking the side of the staff.

We have had no complaints from the facilitator of the course who I am sure would bring any inappropriate name calling to our attention.

Killarney, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

This is my second visit to the Park Hotel and I must say I was surprise to see a complete face lift of the lobby, bar and the rooms. The hotel looks great and the service as usual fantastic. Check in and check was effortless and you can clearly see the staff takes pride in what they do. Room was modern and it looks fresh.
Had dinner in the restaurant and the food was so yummy. I think its call tali an indian main course and my wife had the steak. Service was good and the manager was one of a kind. He was friendly and you can clearly see he was in control inspite having a full restaurant.
There's a pool and parking on site which is great.
GETTING IN TO London is not a bother as the station is a stone throw away and we were in Oxford St in less then 30 min.
Keep up the great job guys and hopefully we'll be back soon.

Room Tip: We stayed in a Club room on the 3rd floor. I think it was 316
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Niamh90

Thanks for leaving us a review here.

Thanks for sharing your great experience with the world. I will certainly pass you kind comments to my colleagues who I am sure will be overjoyed to see that you left us having had a great stay.

We look forward to hosting you in the near future. Hurry back.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

We were a party of 8 ordering a la carte i must say the duck confit was amazing is a fusion of traditional french with a hint of asian make that duck so good i will recomend it to anyone well done chef......

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
croydonpark, Front Office Manager at Croydon Park Hotel, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Dear seldon78

Thanks for leaving us a review. Your kind words will be passed on to the chef, who I am sure will be pleased. If I ate meat I would certainly try that duck, just from the way you described it.

Please do come again.