“Afternoon Tea in Croydon”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Croydon Park Hotel

Croydon Park Hotel
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Croydon
London, United Kingdom
“Afternoon Tea in Croydon”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This is first time i had Afternoon Tea in Croydon or Croydon Park Hotel and I must say they have created very good value for money package. Attentive service, good ambiance and good 3 tier selection of Sandwiches/Cakes and Scones.

I will come back here for sure and definitely recommend people to try this place. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tracy A
croydonpark, Front Office Manager at Croydon Park Hotel, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear325tracya

Thanks for leaving us a review here.

Nice to see that you enjoyed afternoon tea with us. Please come back soon and next time you could try some of our other facilities.

Thanks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I vist croydon 3-4 times a year and I used to stay with Hilton and Jury's Inn. This time because they were fully booked I stayed at Croydon Park Hotel and I don't know why I never stayed here. Hotel service, cleanliness, presentation and food quality standards are much higher then other local hotels. Friendly and effecient staff. This hotel for sure will be my preferred place to stay and 100% recommend this place.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Sarahlwis
croydonpark, Front Office Manager at Croydon Park Hotel, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Sarahlwis

Thanks for leaving us a review here. It is said that first impressions are lasting ones and I am pleased that we made a great one.

We cant wait to welcome you back.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Hi Jacqui,

I just wanted to say a massive “Thank You” to you and to all the Staff at Croydon Park Hotel.

My sister and her husband had a wonderful stay at the CPH, they loved their room, the champagne, flowers, strawberries and chocolates. She particularly loved being able to use the swimming pool, sauna and gym. In the mornings the breakfast was just great and nothing was too much trouble for any member of staff.

The family reunion was fantastic and being able to relax for a couple of days in the comfort of CPH was just the icing on the cake!!

Keep up the excellent work and I look forward to booking with the Croydon Park Hotel again!!

Kindest regards.

Crena Williamson

Dear crenaw

Thanks for leaving us a review here. We are absolutely delighted to see that you and your family had such a great time with us.

Your kind words will be shared with my colleagues and we do look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

The hotel is great,as we found out it has recently been renovated. The staff is very friendly and attentive to guests needs. There is a leisure club with swimming pool and jacuzzi on the ground floor which we also enjoyed. Overall great stay!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
croydonpark, Front Office Manager at Croydon Park Hotel, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear 70VictoriaG70

Thanks for leaving us a review here. Wow! you said your stay was great. That's a statement we definitely love hearing.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the world.
Dublin
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We stayed for 2 nights and were upgraded to an executive double, which was spacious enough for our needs. A cot was placed in the corner of the room for our 20 month old. There was also a sofa/seating area.
There was a big bath in the bathroom, great for kids. The bed was extremely comfortable - one of the best sleeps I've had in a hotel stay.

We didn't eat in the restaurant but did have the breakfast, which was one of the best I have had in a restaurant of this standard - plenty of choice and the bacon was delicious.

The spa area is very small - it suited our needs - it has an excellent kids pool, and a lovely jacuzzi. I wouldn't recommend for adults without kids.

Handy location and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: ask for newly furbished ones on fourth floor
1 Thank evilone
Dear cevilone

Thanks for leaving us a review here.

Its pleasing to see that you enjoyed your time with us and we do look forward to hosting you and your family in the near future.

Newyork
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Having retired from the hotel industry, I was expecting a high level of customer service from the 4starts Croydon Park Hotel.
I stayed at the hotel for 2nights and was impressed with the variety of food offered at the breakfast and the service provided.
But I would like to point out that, as an experienced retired manager, the senior management has to show discretion when it comes to customers. I was extremely shocked to see, what it seems like a senior manager, to walk into a crowded breakfast buffet and help himself out of the buffet and come back again for the lunch.
From my 30 years of experience, I strongly believe, could it be a elderly suited gentleman walking out of the staff entrance, should never help himself on the food while people are queuing for the food.

I am not the kind of person who complaints for small things but as per my experience, I thing a hotel with this standard should give strict instruction to his management level.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Jennifer F
croydonpark, Front Office Manager at Croydon Park Hotel, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Dear jenniferf457

Your comments have been noted and will be addressed accordingly.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Check in was fine although I did think the receptionists could put on a smile. Bedroom was nice and clean and my daughter and son seemed happy with it all. A cot was provided as requested and we also really enjoyed the pool area. Breakfast was nice too. Would definitely visit again!

Dear KIM1409

I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Here at The Croydon Park Hotel we do believe in welcoming all our guest with a warm smile so I am very sorry to hear that you did not experience this.

I will certainly be speaking to the Reception team to ensure that we do not slip on this in the future.

Thanks and we look forward to seeing you soon