“You,ll like this.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Croydon
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“You,ll like this.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

I have stayed here before, but usually it has been in, head down and out. This time I had some time on my hands and thought I would take in the experience. When I arrived the receptionist was friendly and helpful. I always have trouble understanding where to park my car! This was easy.
The room was clean and comfortable, plenty of room and tastefully decorated. The hotel itself is well situated for rail links into London or Heathrow and local links are all within walking distance.
A short walk past the law courts and you will find pubs and restaurants and a busy shopping centre. Perfect place to stay.

Room Tip: All the rooms would appear fine, there are smoking rooms on floor I think?
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
croydonpark, Front Office Manager at Croydon Park Hotel, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear tonymac1960

Thanks for leaving us a review here. Happy to see that you took some time to enjoy the experience. And now that you have I am sure you will be back.

Hopefully you were able to try our facilities such as Restaurant, Bar and Leisure club. if you did not make sure you do on your return.

See you soon.

Thanks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
Newton Aycliffe, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

Have stayed here many times, always come away wanting to return. Rooms are excellent, clean and well maintained. Evening meals are a fantastic buffet with a massive selection, all very tasty and high quality. Breakfast is also a well stocked buffet and not to be missed. Reception staff are very helpful, friendly and efficient, quite a rarity at other hotels in this area. Oscars bar is just right for a relaxing drink. Hotel is in a surprisingly quiet street but just 2 minutes walk from East Croydon railway station which is a 20 minute train journey from central London. Why pay silly prices for a hotel up town when you can have this quality at half the price in easy travelling distance.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear 816paulr

Thanks for leaving us a review here. I have to agree with your statement when you say: 'why pay silly prices for a hotel uptown'.

Its really nice to see that you enjoy all that our hotel have to offer. I know you will be back soon, so we look forward to having you again.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

Returned here for lunch with wife & friends after an absence of 4 years. All extremely pleased with the meal (buffet style) choice of starters was excellent. Only slight niggle was the gammon carvery main course choice was pre carved! A chef in attendance would have been a plus.
Good value for money,pleasant decor & a very enjoyable occasion.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank GOALS10
Dear GOALS10

Thanks for leaving us a review here. Well, after seeing what you have been missing, I am sure you will not stay away for four years, but will be back very soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

This is the 2nd year i've attended the Little Big Hero Charity Ball at Croydon Park Hotel, and all I can say is WOW!!! It was such an amazing evening. The food was good, the service excellent and the Staff were very acoomodating and extremely pleasant and professional. I particularly loved the helpful nature of Edgar, he made sure we had a fantastic evening. Also Sherree was very professional and friendly and helped us sort out a problem which we encountered. Overall a very enjoyable evening and a very good stay! Thank you guys, and I look forward to the next years one! Highly recommended! :) If you are looking to stay here ask for Sherree or Edgar, they will make your stay very good!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Yas013

Thanks for leaving us a review here. Indeed 5* service is what we aim to deliver here at The Croydon Park Hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed yourself and we hope you will make it again next year.

Sheeree and Edgar will be well pleased to know that they contributed in making your event a great one.

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

I attended the little big hero event on saturday the 16th of november and i was over whelmed by the food, staff and the entertainment. Sheree who i believe organised the event was a star and is credit to your hotel and also Edgar who was very helpful aswell. Overall the event was a huge success and it was a very entertaining night in particular the beat boxing, dancing and the thai boxing demo, i am looking forward to the next little big hero event well done to the organisers and the staff at this hotel for raising so much money for such a worthy cause keep it up guys and cant wait for the next one!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Glenn D
Dear 910glennd

Thanks for leaving us a review here.

Using the words excellent to describe our staff and great to describe our food and entertainment truly makes us happy.

Your kind comments are really appreciated and will be passed on to Sheeree and Edgar. We look forward to hosting the next event.

Epsom, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

We recently held a Charity Ball for Meningitis Now at the hotel and it was an amazing night!! The staff were extremely helpful and professional. I would like to say a special thanks to Sherree, who dealt with all our bookings and crazy requests! Also to Edgar who not only gave some brilliant suggestions on the layout but also made what ever we wanted possible. The bar staff were also lovely and able to put up with a huge amount of guests. We raised an amazing amount that evening and it was a huge success! So a BIG THANK YOU to the hotel and all staff involved for helping us make it a special evening! See you next year!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kimberlyn C
Dear kimberlync

Thanks for leaving us a review here. Your kind words are truly appreciated and will be passed on to Sheeree and Edgar and bar staff who I am sure will be well pleased.

We look forward to hosting you again next year.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

Just checked out of this Clarion Hotel.

The receptionist on Friday evening very nicely gave us an upgrade to an Executive room with internet connection.

It is clear to see that the refurbishment which has taken place, is mostly just a fresh lick of paint, the hotel still has a tired feel about it.

Our rooms was OK, however the bathroom is quite small, sit on the toilet and you are nearly in the bath as well.

As a plus in the Executive room, you can make hot chocolate as well as tea and coffee. We had the hot chocolate on the first day, then expecting it to be replenished the next day, but alas not. I called the reception around 7.45pm on and was told "yes they will be right up"!

1 hour later, no hot chocolate sachets had arrived, so I called the reception again, spoke to the same person (Andrew) who the proceeded to tell me that unfortunately they have fun out of stock completely!!! He just hadn't bothered calling me back to inform me.

Weird I thought, but it does happen sometimes...However the next morning, we walk past the Housekeeping maids trolley and see a mountain of hot chocolate sachets there!!!

I HATE BEING LIED TO!!! This is totally unacceptable behaviour by the receptionist to lie to your guests! I bet it was because he couldn't be bothered getting some and bringing them to my room.

Absolutely sisgusted. It is not because I was missing the hot chocolate, but to be fobbed off iwth a lie, is terrible!!!

I hope I will never stay at this hotel again ever!!!

Room Tip: Don't trust what receptionist Andrew tells you.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear 1909Flemming

I have carefully read your review and did some investigation into the matter. I am really sorry that you thought Andrew was not being truthful with you, but having checked myself we really had no hot chocolate on the evening you requested.

However, we had a late delivery on that night and the ladies who clean the rooms had them on their trollies to replenish the rooms the following morning.

Andrew said he tried to help by offering to send you a pot of Hot chocolate which unfortunately you declined.

Please accept my apologies for the fact that he had not gotten back to you to let you know what the situation was before you had to call again, as its our procedure to keep our guest informed.

Its unfortunate that this misunderstanding occurred, causing you to leave not feeling great. Now that the situation has been explained, its my hope that you will give us another chance.