“Dated hotel”
Review of Croydon Park Hotel

Croydon Park Hotel
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Croydon
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed in the Croydon Park Hotel for 2 nights, as part of an organised tour. My room was rather dated. It was very spacious, but looked a bit too outdated. Bathroom was ok, but shower hangs way too low. I'm 1,9 meter, and didn't fit under it. And the bath was very small, couldn't even stretch my legs. Comfortable bed, free WIFI, Always a nice plus.
We had the buffet the first evening. It wasn't that impressive. Good soup. Starters were ok. But the main courses didn't look very appealing. Nearly no one in our group tasted them, instead went back for seconds of the starters. Breakfast was ok, good English breakfast, fresh fruit, bread, nice.
Had a drink in the bar, nice as well. Very reasonably priced.
The price that was advertised in the room, was around £250. In my opinion, this is way too expensive for what you get. It's ok, but only just. Not really 4-star.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
croydonpark, Front Office Manager at Croydon Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear massis_10

All your points have been noted.

If something is not quite right during your stay we do encourage our guest to speak with us and we will do all that is possible to enhance your stay, so that you leave us having had a great stay.

Its my hope that you will give us another chance.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We booked this last miniute and phoned the hotel directly - we opted for a weekend Bed, Breakfast and Dinner for 2 for £99.00 and was talked into upgrading rooms to an executive room for £15. The room looked like a standard double to me so this not worth doing. The hotel is lovely although the swimming pool and spa facilities are small. When we wnet for Dinner it was a buffet and we were at first disapointed, but after inspecting the choice available changed our opinion and had a beautiful dinner, with great choices for starters, mains and desserts, a very enjoyable dinner, service was great. The breakfast was good and overall would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear 237PaulC237

Thanks for leaving us a review here. Lovely to hear that you had a great stay. Please do hurry back.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Stayed in this hotel around the Christmas holiday and had a lovely stay. The room was very clean and spacious (executive room on the 4th floor if my memory is right). The bed was also extremely comfortable as my husband and I had a well rested night. Bathroom was also nice and had ample water pressure. Hotel restaurants were very nice and great amenities were offered throughout.
I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel if you are in the area and need a nice, clean place to stay!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear 523amberw

Thanks for leaving us a review here. Exceptional is a word that we love hearing. I am very pleased that you and your husband had a restful night.

We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

The hotel itself was not bad at all but unfortunately has been massively let down by the service. The bar and restaurant looked nice and rooms were clean and big, just a basic 3* hotel.

Unfortunately despite the friendly staff on arrival they are not very helpful otherwise. I checked out after one night and realised within 15 minutes I had forgotten a pair of shoes in the room (Im a bit of a collector and these where limited edition).

I called the hotel and was told the maids were cleaning and to call back after 3pm. I did and was then told nothing was found (Massive lie they never left the room) and someone would look into it and call me back. After 3 days of repeatedly calling them and getting put through to housekeeping and cut off or told I would be called back I gave up.

Hugely disappointed in how the situation was handled especially as I work in hospitality.

Im now down a pair of shoes that cost 4x the price of my stay.... I hope the maid makes use of them!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear LadyLewisLondon

All your comments have been noted.

We have a very strict policy concerning items that are forgotten on our property. We keep and post many items for guests on a regular basis. Unfortunately in your case the item was not found. I can assure you that the room was thoroughly searched and we have full confidence in the member of staff that was responsible for the cleaning of your room.

I am hoping that by now they have turned up.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Upgraded to 'executive room', this was supposed to be a treat for hubby for Valentines Day. Upon arrival was shocked to find hair in the bath. Called to request a second bath robe and two champagne glasses. After 2 hours, called to chase these up as we desperately wanted to shower to go out. Tried to use the 'spa' (that was a laugh) no keys on the men's changing room, so hubby has to wait for me to get changed to lock his things away. The spa consists of a v.small sauna in each changing room, a small poolside gym - which is used by members, a pool and jacuzzi. We were unable to use the jacuzzi because of a group of people sitting on the edge with their feet in. It was upon watching one of them produce a flannel that we realised she was washing in there and decided against waiting our turn!

We called for a cab, man on reception said that he was too busy to call a cab for us, so would transfer my call to the cab office. After being on the hotel recorded hold loop for 10 mins, I hang up and tried again.

We were woken at 5am by drunken patrons running up and down the hallways creaming at each other and the phone ringing in our room. When I asked about the call at reception I was told that it must have been a. Mistake as we hadn't had any calls.

Breakfast was ok. Not a rear standard, but cold eats and cheeses were available. The fried option was quite greasy, but I suppose some people like it that way. I wasn't cooked to order, but on a hot plate buffet, so unless you catch it being replenished, it will have been sitting awhile.

I did complain upon leaving and was told that I had received a very good rate and by apology they offered me 20% off my next stay. I assured the manager that we would not return as we have previously stayed in the premier Inn at Croydon, which was better quality and much cleaner. He agreed to discuss with the other manager and get back to me within three days. A week later I called back and was again offered 20% off of my next stay.
I have now requested a refund of the difference between the standard and executive rooms, which is apparently in the post.....

In short, I wouldn't waste your money. The Premier Inn as I said before, is just as good, if not better and more cost effective.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
croydonpark, Front Office Manager at Croydon Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Bmatbev

All your comments have been noted and appropriate action taken to address the incidents that could have gone better.

It's our hope that all our guest have a great and uninterrupted stay with us, but unfortunately sometimes others are not so mindful of others around them, so disturbances may occur, but if that is brought to our attention its rectified immediately.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to host you, so you can fully enjoy the hospitality that we so pride ourselves in giving.

If a refund was offered to you then I am sure it has been processed.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Stayed here - not out of choice - as a client is nearby. Rooms are clean, but significantly in need of an update. Landline phones didn't work so we couldn't even call down to reception, very cheap and basic level amenities, uncomfortable beds - two singles next to each other, not even with a sheet to hold them together. Breakfast - good spread and fresh food, but dirty linen and sticky floors. Jury's Inn and Premier Inn are newer properties within walking distance, I'd go there instead if you need to be near the station/shopping centre.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Thank LondonRad.

Dear LondonRad

I am sorry to hear that you had a few challenges i.e.; telephone not working, during your recent visit with us. Certainly we want all our guest stay to be challenge-free, but in the event that something goes wrong and we are made aware of its rectified immediately.

From your description of the bedding in your room, you were in a twin bedded room, which comprise of two single beds.

It's my hope that you will give us another opportunity to host you, so you can fully experience the hospitality that we so pride ourselves in giving.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Really nice big rooms, with a great bed and a sofa - making it much bigger than a regular london room. Staff are welcoming and nice and the breakfast buffet is delicious!
Really close to East Croydon station if you're going into London and close to Croydon shopping area too.
The aircondition is noisy, but that's the only thing...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
croydonpark, Front Office Manager at Croydon Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Karinawh

Thanks for leaving us a review here. We are please to see that you think our hotel was lovely. Hope to see you again soon.