“A nice place to stay, but renovation needed”
Review of Croydon Park Hotel

Croydon Park Hotel
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Croydon
Reviewed 3 June 2014

+ Good value for money
+ Pool/spa
+ Central but still in a quiet location
+ Close to East Croydon train station
+ Shoppingcenter and shops nearby
+ Only 15-20 minutes from London
+ Nice beds and calm rooms
+ Nice staff
+ Nice bar and restaurant

The "only" negative thing I can say is that the hotel needs a restoration to live up to the four stars. This has to be done in the near future, if not the hotel will be like a sinking ship with bad reviews on this site. I really hope they will do something about this, because I really like the place. I will be back ;)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
croydonpark, Front Office Manager at Croydon Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Elskercappucino

Thanks for leaving us a review here.

We started our renovation process last year which included the lobby, bar and some bedrooms. This process will be continuing this year, so hopefully by the time you return we will look all brand new.

Thanks

Write a ReviewReviews (1,317)

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Very good price and ideal location in relation to train station however the rooms felt tired and dated and in need of a good deep clean. Room facilities were very basic for a hotel of this ilk. Corridors smelt of cigarette smoke and the sound proofing was not very good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear anthonys

Thanks for leaving us a review here

All your points have been noted.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Rooms are big, but they need a complete renovation, bathroom fittings are very old and out of date, rooms and corridors are very noisy, I would not recommend. The only plus point is the location to the train station

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Andyb7005

Thanks for leaving us a review here.

All you points have been noted. I am sorry to hear that you had noise on your corridor. If this is brought to our attention we do take immediate action as its important to us that all our guest leave us having had a good stay.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed in Croydon Park for few nights at the beginning of May. Few days before the arrival we got an email offer to upgrade the room, which we did and we ended up in one of the newly refurbished rooms.
The hotel is located conveniently to get to Central London or Gatwick with East Croydon just few minutes walk away.
The bed was very comfy, room was clean and decent size.
The breakfast buffet was also very good and we only had some burgers at the bar one night which were also nice, can't really comment about the rest of restaurant food.

Croydon Park is more of a business hotel than a romantic retreat however if you're visiting London and want to stay in good quality hotel without paying London prices than it's definitely worth looking at.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear 131AnnaB

Thanks for leaving us a review here.

I am happy to see that your stay with us was an enjoyable one and we look forward to seeing you in the near future. Next time you are here, do try the food in Oscars, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel for two nights and found it very comfortable and convenient for East Croydon station. Nice clean rooms, albeit on the club floor, and a practical if not very smart gym and pool. As to food, the breakfast is good but the bar pizza was incredibly doughy.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear paulb

Thanks for leaving us a review here.

It always pleases us when our guest leaves us having had a good stay. Your comments concerning the pizza in the bar will be passed to the chef for investigation.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Arrived at croydon park hotel last saturday, had booked smoking room, when i confirmed this with the receptionist she did agree but told me that i had booked an executive room so no smoking, and that the smoking rooms were on the lower floor so i said i would have one of these to which i was told that there was none left, not happy. The room was booked for two people but on the bed was only one dressing gown and one pair of slippers and if i needed any more there was a note to phone the reception. Also another note saying that they only changed the sheets once a week if you needed them changed more please phone reception again. Also no safe or mini bar in these "executive" rooms.Please be aware when i went to have a shower put the rubber mat in the bath this slipped and i banged my knee on the side of the bath, very painful. The nicest thing I can say about this hotel was the breakfast (which you pay extra for) was lovely

Room Tip: Really cant give one, there are no balconies and the room was quiet, windows open about an inch so a...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Starting this review with the good news. If the opportunity arose, I would stay here again as the hotel was good value for money and a very handy location only 3 minutes stroll from East Croydon station which provides easy access to central London....less than 30 mins. However the hotel was let down by small things. I had emailed requesting a quiet room as on business. I had previously noted comments on Tripadvisor which said the rooms at the front of hotel were noisy. Guess what? I was allocated a room at the front of the hotel. I decided to stay there to see what happened and YES the Tripadvisor report was correct, as the rooms overlook the main street you hear coaches pulling up to discharge passengers, cars arriving etc. Reception, when requested, changed my room to one overlooking the rear of hotel. Reception was pleasant about it but it begs the question of my initially requesting a quiet room. The one at rear did have some exterior air conditioning noise but was better than being at front. The rooms were average size, clean, neat and had everything I needed. The WiFi speed on 4th floor was good. I paid extra for an Executive room. The website indicated that there was an Executive Lounge. I envisaged it would be similar to other 4**** hotels Executive Lounges, where I have stayed....large, varied seating, refreshments available etc. No way ! The "Executive" lounge turned out to be a "room". Only large enough for two small sofas and one chair. When I arrived it was to find other guests looking and like me they turned around and left it. No way in 4**** terms could it be classed as what regular travelers would call a lounge either in size or the services it offered. The gym /swimming pool, unlike other hotels where they are unattended, was staffed by a pleasant and welcoming crew. Whilst one may argue that the facility could benefit from a refurbishment, it was perfectly acceptable. You need to collect a towel and locker key from attendants before going to changing room. Unfortunately on the Sunday evening there were no towels and housekeeping was closed so no chance to get anymore. I dried off, as the staff suggested, by spending some time in the sauna. On check-out I paid the bill and only later spotted I had been overcharged by about £1.50p. I had been incorrectly charged for newspaper which was supposed to be included in executive room charge. I had also been wrongly billed for a call from my room. I Googled the number shown on the bill and it turned out to be Battersea Dogs' Home - really no joke - Battersea Dogs' Home ! ! ! Three emails later to inform hotel about this and I received a reply asking how I wanted the money refunded to me and offering me a complimentary drink next time I stayed. So I end as I started....if the opportunity arises I would stay again but potential guests should be aware of the "niggles" in staying at the Croydon Park Hotel.

Room Tip: The quieter rooms are at the back of the hotel. View is over roof tops. 4th and 5th floors are bette...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business