The Lansdowne Hotel
US$73
  • Breakfast included
Jurys Inn London Croydon(Croydon)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$119
US$96
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgym facilitieseast croydon stationclose to shopsbigger roomfree wifihealth clubextra pillowstrain stationrooms are comfortablegood sizewhitgift shopping centrecentral londonone night stayjuryjacuzziplugshampoo
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

The room was very small but the bathroom was large, the shower is adequate but the bath I gave up on as you can only run the hot tap to get a warm temperature and it takes forever to fill up. The TV is really badly situated as it's on the wall next to the wardrobe so when sitting or laying on the bed you can't see it!!! In the morning the room is really stuffy so you open the window but that allows all the busy street noise in. It's only got it's stars because of the gym ect.. If you can go whiteout that stay across the road at jury's inn it's a much better hotel!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
TomaszMichalak, Guest Relations Manager at The Lansdowne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Ms Tracey,

Thank you for your feedback. I am so sorry you didn’t enjoy your stay with us. Our aim is to meet our guests’ expectations and I am so sorry we didn’t achieve it this time. I have passed your comments about the bath and TV to our management department who carries regular assessments of the hotel to see what improvements and upgrades can be made to provide a better value to our gusts.

I would like to make up for the bad service that you received at the hotel. Could you be so kind to contact me directly at 0208 681 3381 and ask for our Assistant Manager or email him at am@lansdownehotelcroydon.co.uk. Please again accept my apologies for all the inconveniences that you experienced with us. This is not our standards. I will address all these points with our management department for I really regret that you left our hotel feeling disappointed. Please contact us back so we can find out what we can do to gain back your trust.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Renovation necessary. The hotel is registered in the 4 Star category. Unfortunately the substance of the buildign itself in not anymore state of the art. We had a room on the street site and there is nearly no phonic insulation. Means you hear during the night a lot of noise. it could be wise to get some earplugs. The windows should be replaced that would make it already much better. the rooms itself are simple but clean, the same is necessary for the bathroom. The personnel is friendly. the WLAN works fine so no problem with that. the only problem is the noise. unfortunately the car paring must be done in a car park nearby but you get a 20 % discount. resumme: if the noise problem could be solved the hotel is more than good.concerning the TV - there are only English channels - Satellite TV would be nice.

Room Tip: try to avoid the street side
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
TomaszMichalak, Guest Relations Manager at The Lansdowne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Frederic,

Thank you for your recent stay at Lansdowne Hotel and taking the time to post a review of our property.

I am sorry to read that you found outside noise and insulation in the room insufficient. I have passed your comments about the windows and satellite TV to our management department who carries regular assessments of the hotel to see what improvements and upgrades can be made to provide a better value to our gusts.

When booking In the future, I would recommend to book one of our superior or exec rooms which overlook the quite backyard of the Lansdowne Road.
I am glad you found the room and bathroom simple and clean and our staff friendly. It was also good to read that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary internet and you found it satisfactory.

Once again thank you for your comments. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and services are superior and we strive to be the best Hotel around. Please accept my sincere apologies if we fell below the standard expected by you. Rest assured that these comments will be taken on board and help to improve our overall service.
We hope to see you again in the near feature.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Central location, girls on reception were nice enough and the bed was clean. Other than that, would give this hotel a miss...room poky and grubby, thin duvet, cheap furnishings and decor, neglected and needing some TLC. Won't stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
TomaszMichalak, Guest Relations Manager at The Lansdowne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Dear Mr Bunty15,

I am glad to read that you found the location of our hotel convenient. It is also good to read that the team at the reception has made a good impression on you and the room you stayed in was sufficiently cleaned.

With regards to fixtures & fittings in your room I have passed your comments on to our management department who carry regular assessments of the hotel and ensure high standard of service and amenities.

We hope to see you in the near feature.

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights room was smaller than expected but did the job for what we were after. The swimming pool and gym facilities were very good staff wasn't very approachable and had some yobs shouting outside early hours of the morning which I watched for 15 minutes and nothing was done about this, even though the reception was occupied 24 hours a day so they must of heard!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 316Anonymous
TomaszMichalak, Guest Relations Manager at The Lansdowne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear 316Anonymous,

I am glad to read that you found your room adequate for what thou were after, despite it being smaller than expected.
In the future, I would recommend to book one of our superior or exec rooms which would provide ample space for a fractionally more money. Also, had you mentioned your dissatisfaction with the room to anyone at the hotel, the receptionist would have gladly moved you to another room.

I was very disappointed to read that you did not find our staff approachable. This is very unusual as all our staff is professionally trained to be friendly and helpful to all our guests. The front desk staff and management have all been spoken to regarding the situation to ensure that this drop in service doesn’t occur again in the future.

I can only apologise for the disorderly people outside, but I’m sure you can appreciate that it is completely out of our control.

Thank you for your comments. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and services are superior and we strive to be the best Hotel around. Please accept my sincere apologies if we fell below the standard expected by you. Rest assured that these comments will be taken on board and help to improve our overall service. We hope to see you in the near feature.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

A lovely place to stay friendly staff small but nice room ,had a swim in the morning . would recommend this hotel

\no complaints what so ever I will book in future. did not stay long enough to eat , but would try next time.

Room Tip: higher up roommmaybe less noise , we were 3 floors up had no no trouble sleeping
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank jan f
TomaszMichalak, Guest Relations Manager at The Lansdowne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Jan,

Thank you Jan for taking the time to review Lansdowne Hotel on Tripadvisor. We are very happy that you had a most enjoyable stay. It especially satisfying to read that you wouldn’t hesitate to recommend us to your friends.

We do hope that you will return again and we all send you our best wishes.

Kind regards,