“No expectations!”

Price range: US$15 - US$70
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Mexican, British, Wine Bar
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Apatura Turkish BBQ Restaurant is a family run and friendly restaurant in Croydon serving a fusion of traditional Turkish BBQ food in our comfortable and homely surroundings. Situated in the South End Restaurant Quarter on the outskirts of Croydon town centre, Apatura is renowned for its personable service and friendly welcome to all; whether having a leisurely meal or meeting friends and family for drinks in our bar. We also warmly welcome children. We have a kids menu and highchairs are also available. If you’re new to us, and need a bit of help choosing something from the menu, we can recommend our premium meats cooked on a live Mangal, an open charcoal pit that gives the food its unique flavour. You can relax and enjoy a cocktail around our illuminated bar before enjoying one of our succulent aged steaks, or our range of traditional Turkish mezes. Besides our popular Grills we also do a delicious Sunday Roast. We are certain there is a dish suitable for everyone!
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We went to Croydon for dinner and found the place we hoped to go to closed so had to try somewhere else. Hungry as hell we headed here as it was near by.

The place was packed with big groups but we got seated right away - I literally mean we didn't break step from walking in the door to being guided to our table.

Everything on the menu sounded lovely and the service was first class, plenty of staff and they all seemed to know what they were doing - even gave the impression it really MATTERED to them that we enjoyed our visit.

Only a 4 star as there is always room to improve (but since I am a moaning so so and so this is really a 6 out of 5)

Will be coming back.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I went to Apatura when they first opened, but wasn't too impressed with the food (I had pork belly), and I thought it was overpriced.

Anyway, as this was a treat from a very good friend, I decided to try it again. I chose the 'Crispy Pork Belly with Minted Peas, Chorizo, Creamy Mash and a Red Wine Jus Glaze'. It was delicious! The crackling on the pork was generous and it was well-cooked. My friend had steak and by the look on her face - she enjoyed it!

For pudding, I had 'Chocolate Fondant Served with Crumbled Honeycomb Pieces and Vanilla Ice Cream'. I didn't enjoy this at all! It looked messy on my plate and tasted artificial. Sorry Apatura! Next time I'll choose a different dessert!

As for the service? It was good. We had a friendly welcome and cheerful waiting staff.

1  Thank Angela R
Reviewed 25 July 2014

It had been nearly a year since we had visited Apatura, only because we hadn't been to Croydon for some time. However we were warmly welcomed by the management and had pre dinner drinks as usual in the bar area before being shown to a nice table in the middle of the room.

A Friday night and not surprisingly the place was pretty full with customers ranging from couples enjoying a more romantic night out to family parties of more than 10 people.

We enjoyed an excellent mixed grill, a beer chilli and their trade mark spare ribs which were as succulent as ever.

The service was efficient and friendly and quick without being rushed.

The big change though was at the rear of the restaurant which had been very nicely developed to provide a surprisingly delightful oasis for alfresco eating - try it!

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Big family group with kids and they were fantastic to us. Made us feel extremely welcome and even enjoyed having the kids there on a Saturday night. Great food, great service. Lovely place to go.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Came here for dinner one night and had never been here before and it was good. It was a Saturday night and the place was about 75% full we had a nice table by the window and the waitress then took our drinks order which came up very quickly we were the given the food menus and waitress did keep asking if we were ready to order which was not good. But when the food came it was great nice and fresh good size portions I had the pork belly which was super the wine menu is good and the service was good after we had ordered and will go back again as it is a very nice restaurant to eat in .They also gave us two free glasses of amaretto at the end