“Small but comfy”

Hampton by Hilton London Croydon
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Croydon
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Helpful staff, nice clean rooms with comfy beds, good breakfasts and easy access to central London a travel card for zones 1-6 only cost a few quid, and it was only 15mins to Victoria. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hampton by Hilton London Croydon

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I had an early meeting in Croydon on Monday so decided to travel down on the Sunday night. Got to the hotel quite late (around 11pm) and left again by 10am so didn't really have the chance to sample the food/bar but for what I needed this place was perfect and very reasonably priced.

My room, and the hotel overall, was very well presented and I had an excellent night's sleep. The staff that I dealt with we're all extremely pleasent and keen to help.

Best part about this hotel though for me is it's close proximity to East Croydon station - around 5 minutes walk. This meant I was only asked for money by strangers twice on my way to the hotel, easily a new record for me in Croydon.

Will definetly be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel, as I had a meeting close by. As an hotelier myself, I wanted to get to know this relatively new hotel brand as well. Product is outstanding, could not fault in any way. Rooms are indeed compact (they are everywhere in London). Well appointed, comfortable with good amount of towels and cosmetics. Nice flat screen TV, workstation and free Wi-Fi. Good shower. Compared to other hotel chains in the same price range…this is far superior.
Staff: both reception and breakfast staff were very interactive and professional. I enjoyed talking to them. Staff seems to be enjoying working there. Everything went smooth. Breakfast was very nice, good selection especially considering that it was complementary. Fresh fruit salad was nice touch.
Very close to the station. I did not understand some other comments regarding the area…it was absolutely fine.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Enjoyed my stay very much in Oct 2013. Reasonably priced and just only 20 mins from Victoria Station by rail. Clean and nice environment. Nice English breakfast. Exceeded our expectation though the place is rather small during the busy morning peak hours. Would certainly book it again when we are in London again. Great hotel.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

This is a nice clean hotel, very close to East Croydon train station. We stayed here with our three year old and he was welcomed with a smile and a halloween sweet when checked in - he loved it and we felt very welcome.

Staff were always friendly, check-in/out fast.

Our room felt a little on the small side with the three of us, in the end our son slept in the bed with us rather than having the sofa bed down. The bed was very comfortable, we had four nights of very good sleep, no noise from the outside.

A couple of cons about the room
1. The sink is high and a struggle for our son to reach in and wash his hands, it was quite a trick to do this each day. It's a shame they don't have some plastic stools put by for when families with young kids stay.
2. Could have done with more hangers, I guess we could have asked for more but we didn't.

Breakfast was pleasant, although by the fourth morning I felt a bit tired of the same food. But it was always nice and hot, dining area always clean and always somewhere to sit.

We would stay here again for sure.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

A lovely hotel. Staff really nice and helpful. The location was a bit rough, some of the party felt a bit threatened when walking to an from East Croyden station. Also road works near the entrance to the hotel caused some discomfort. But we really enjoyed our stay. Good value for money. Access to London from here not difficult.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com