“Not for me”

Hampton by Hilton London Croydon
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Croydon
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Staff excellent - professional and friendly
Breakfast decent - reasonable choice and as its included in the room rate I was happy with it
Parking opposite at the NCP easy and well priced with the 50% discount from the hotel - 6 gbp for the night
Room 712 - small (I estimate bedroom is 12 sqm. Bathroom also small. My nose pressed against the wall when using the wc! Shower OK pressure and large enough. Towels good quality: large and soft. Bed is a 140cm I think, so not really a double and in any case the room is too small for 2 people to use/pass by the bed. Window did not open as it was set with a lock and the airco was too noisy for me personally. Without airco there is no air to breathe. One side of the bed is around 40cm from the bathroom wall, so not easy to pass down the side of the bed.
Matrass OK if a little firm for my tastes
I suppose I thought I was getting more Hilton than Ibis when I booked but to me it was more Formule 1...
Not a hotel for me and certainly not with 2 in a room

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Hampton by Hilton London Croydon

Reviewed 16 May 2014

The hotel is immaculate. Friendly staff, good breakfast, comfortable, quiet room. Location across from train station makes getting to downtown London and Gatwick Airport very quick and easy. The light menu for evening is great for weary travelers!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank William H
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Perfect location for access to East Croydon train station for London. Rooms are really well thought out in every detail with no complaints at all. Dressing table light, mirror and hair drier all excellent. Shower good, bathroom good and compact relaxed seating area very good also within small overall footprint. All in all very well thought through.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Victoria F
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Interesting place. When I first arrived here on a Sunday afternoon, I wasn't very sure of the place I arrived at. I was staying in Central London and had to shift here for a week. Quite a contrast from Central London in terms of the surroundings, quite deserted actually. However, once you are inside the hotel it is quite comfortable. Good staff, good breakfast, good rooms (though they are quite small). Also just 2 mins from East Croydon train station with good connections into London.
Yeah - the Wi-Fi is a bit unstable.
But I stayed here for a week, and I quite liked it in the end as I had a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed here with my family as part of a relocation. The hotel is good quality with nice staff. It is clearly targeting a business traveller audience. The room was clean and proper, but somewhat small for us with a baby cot. Breakfast was canteen style but decent. We had room service at one occasion which also was above expectation for the price.
Overall the price was very competitive for what was a good experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Jo S, Director of Sales at Hampton by Hilton London Croydon, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

We are glad you had a lovely stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you again at our delightful hotel .

Best Wishes

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I have started booking this when in South London on business and flying into Gatwick. Good rates Hilton quality and close enough to London to call it a London hotel. Mostly business but often at a fraction of central London prices it is worth considering if sightseeing.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank photoiq
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Staff were very friendly and helpful. The receptionist went out of her way to organize a taxi for me for early on the Sunday morning and when it was not there on the hour it was booked for, she was on the telephone to the cab company without having to be asked. Very efficient and friendly young lady!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family