This modern hotel is in the centre of East Croydon and its nearness to the Whiftgift Centre, main railway station, theatre and major company offices means that it "does the business" for its main type of customer - the business traveller. I was staying two nights for a mixture of business and meeting friends.
Rooms have recently been refurbished and are pleasant and spotlessly clean - even a smell of fresh paint and new carpets. I was allocated an extra bed (not actually required) but this comes at the price of there being no easy chairs to watch TV from, only a hard desk chair, and there was no rack to put suitcases on. Pillows were also rather meagre. There is Wifi connection at extra cost, but no internet area supplied with computers downstairs. There was very little noise from adjoining rooms, though the air-con is quite loud and its best to turn it off before retiring.
Staff are no-nonsense friendly and efficient - strong Irish influence everywhere! - and check in and check out were easily accomplished, though no porterage apparent. Although there are three lifts, the fact that accommodation is spread over 12 floors means there is a delay at busy times.
Guest facilities, though well-presented, are perhaps somewhat restricted in extent for a hotel with this number of rooms. There are sofas by the main entrance but no quiet area to lounge in. The bar (which also serves food) has a pleasant ambience but is rather cramped (and dominated by TV football) and the restuarant has a cafeteria feel to it. Breakfast is a bit of a trial in that tables are not made up so everything has to be collected from the serving area where a line often forms. While the food choice and quality is good, the cramped servery area makes filling up your tray a bit of a scrum. It would be much better to have a separate area to collect drinks, cutlery and bread rather than have a single queue. Tables are cleared at lightning speed (my newspaper was whisked away while I went back for my main course!) so there is no difficulty about finding a seat, but this is not the sort of place you want to linger in very long.
There is no car park but the nearby NCP changes only £5 per day (the same as now charged by nearby Croydon Park Hotel which however has its own underground area.)
The offering, then is definitely no-frills three star but on the other hand the hotel is doing its job well and dealing with a lot of guests efficiently and in decent surroundings. As the rooms are now above-average and all the corridors/common parts nicely decorated I would give Jurys 4 out of 5.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jurys Inn London Croydon offers a convenient London location outside of busy central London yet with easy access to London Victoria via the 17 minute train ride from East Croydon Station, which is a short 7 minute walk from the hotel. The hotel is also a convenient 20 minute journey from Gatwick Airport for those arriving by plane. Guests wishing to explore Croydon's attractions will be pleased to know that The Whitgift Shopping centre is just over the road and around the corner from new urban shopping complex Boxpark. The Queen's Gardens are an easy 6 minute walk and Shirley Park Golf Course is a 7 minute drive away from the hotel. Jurys Inn London Croydon features all day Costa Coffee bar and a stylish onsite bar to relax in after an eventful day in the city. You can enjoy a great selection of seasonal food and drink in our trendy restaurant which is open from 6:30am to 10:00am for breakfast and 6:00pm to 10:00pm for dinner. If arriving by car, public parking is advised in the Whitgift Centre NCP car park and enjoy a discounted rate of just £6 for 24 hours (validate parking ticket at reception before check out). Our comfortable bedrooms can accommodate up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children. All bedrooms are furnished with large soft beds, spacious bathrooms with complimentary toiletries, a hair dryer, a flat screen TV with Freeview, and Free WiFi. Guests who book direct with us enjoy Free Premium WiFi, best price guarantee, no booking fees and also earn points and get rewards with our loyalty programme Jurys Rewards. Enjoy a warm welcome, comfortable bedrooms, seasonal menus and a memorable visit to London Croydon at Jurys Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Jurys Inn London Croydon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jurys Inn Croydon Hotel Croydon
- Jurys Hotel Croydon
- Croydon Jurys Hotel
- Jurys Inn London Croydon Surrey