“Poor quality for the price”

Jurys Inn London Croydon
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Croydon
“Poor quality for the price”
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here overnight and sadly did not have an enjoyable night. The worst part was that the room was freezing as there seemed to be air getting through the bathroom vent and no heating options. Getting to sleep was a problem due to a noise that seemed to be water running coming from a vent in the ceiling. I also found the quality especially in the bathroom very poor. We will be staying at the neighbouring premier inn from now on as we find it much more comfortable, peaceful and better quality.
I

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Croydon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Room standard, staff standard to very good, breakfast excellent, cleaning standard, facilities standard, extras basic...after a week staying here so far was asked this morning at the bar by the man serving if I am a guest at the hotel or someone from outside. Had to show my card style room key to prove I was a guest. Not the level of service one expects with a £770 a week room. Left me feel rather disappointed

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for a long weekend with the other half. The hotels basic, bit expensive for what it is. Clean decent size rooms but the only down side of this stay was the hotel receptionist . After checking out i didn't even get a thank you for my stay and the VAT receipt was thrown at me. Very unpleasant lady.but other than that I can't say much more as was never in the hotel that much due to having spent most of my time in the centre of London, which is a beautiful city.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ted I
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Nice hotel, large rooms, good service - and I would know as I stay here for months in the last two years while working in Croydon.
Only down side is that its a bit expensive, even on a corporate rate! However this is true for all of London.
At night, parts of Croydon are best avoided, but during the day its fine.
Hotel is located close to rail station, and London Victoria / Bridge is fifteen minutes away on the train. Gatwick is close to.

Room Tip: Croydon bypass road can be noisy, with police cars racing up and down all night. Hotel has good sou...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Just stayed one night on business but was appalled at two things. First no hot water through the shower tried a few times with no luck. I reported it to the reception who didn't even apologise just said I will get maintenance to look at it. A colleague then came and said "no hot water"? I again said no and I was annoyed that no apology had been made. She eventually said sorry but it took me to say that I was not happy again before it came.
Appalling service

• Stayed November 2013
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 10 November 2013

This hotel was booked on my behalf so that I could attend a course in Croydon. To say that I was surprised by the accommodation is an understatement. The room was of a good size for one person with plenty of room around the bed. It was clean and tidy too with a powerful shower. It is well located for access to the shopping centre and local train, tram and bus stops.

My criticisms of this hotel would be the lengthy waits for the lifts in the mornings and the lack of safety deposit boxes in the rooms.

The buffet breakfast had all the usual foods that would be expected in an English hotel, porridge, cereal, toast, fruit, bacon etc.

I had a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank abujanprincess
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed 6 November 2013

The bedsheets were dirty. The towels were dirty EVERY day, I even found a hair that wasn't mine in one of the towels! One towel had brown spots and I cleary don't want to know WHAT those spots were - I was disgusted to say the least.
The bathroom was pretty dirty as well.

The breakwast was awful! I had to ask for gluten free bread and on the first morning they gave me fresh, delicious gluten free bread. I was delighted.
The next morning they gave me old, hard onion bread - what a joke, are you seriously serving old onion bread for breakfast?
My friend had scrambled eggs and there were hard pieces in - she was almost sick in the restaurant. Also the breakfast staff was really rude and impolite.
Sadly, the staff overall wasn't the nicest.

The AC was really cold and whenever I turned the heat up, 10 minutes later it cooled down again.
The wifi is overpriced.

So if you seriously consider staying in the hotel (don't! Just don't stay there) I'd suggest you pack clean sheets, clean towels, your own breakfast (or get it in a cafe nearby) and loads of warm clothes - you'll need them.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends