“Below standard experience”

Jurys Inn London Croydon
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Croydon
Reviewed 7 December 2013

No point to mention the standard stuff going about in this business travellers orientated hotel. I just want to express my disappointment with three particular flow downs: the room aircon was not warming up properly and it was a very cold November night; the tv control was seizing working from time to time and there were no tea spoons at breakfast to stir your hot drink.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Jurys-Inn-Manager, General Manager at Jurys Inn London Croydon, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Sa6o-Alfonso

Thank your for your comments and I am disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

I would like the opportunity to investigate the issues you outlined in your review further if possible and can be contacted directly on michelle_hickey@jurysinns.com if you wish to do so.

Michelle

Reviewed 28 November 2013

I read some bad reviews on the Hotel which almost put me off but I am really glad that they didn't

the stay was great, the breakfast had plenty of choice and the rooms quiet and comfortable and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Can't say much for Croydon but who can !!

Room Tip: My room was on the tenth floor and was quiet even though it was the weekend
2  Thank Jal S
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I feel bad about not giving 5/5 here as it's a great hotel.

The room had everything it needed, and had a nice en suite bathroom. The inclusion of a hair dryer was a nice touch, and I had plenty of room despite my double bed being more than big enough.

The staff were also lovely, always polite and happy to help, and the cleaners left my room in pristine condition every day.

The reason I reluctanctly reduce my rating to 4/5 is the climate control. I read and understood the hotel's desire to reduce its carbon footprint by setting the standard room temperature between 19-21 degrees C. However, this proved very uncomfortable to live/sleep in. I got to the point where I had to wear hoodies, socks and trousers in bed, as well as using the extra blanket provided in the room, something I didn't and wouldn't expect to have to do in a hotel of this stature.

The climate control is able to be adjusted for a burst of heat. However this is only temporary as it resets to 19-21 after 60 minutes.

When heating was turned on, or when the air con came on (automatically) to reset the temperature to 19-21, the air vents made an awful lot of noise. On top of the loud humming sound of the units in action, it made lots of loud clicking sounds, which I usually wouldn't care about, but does get annoying when it makes you jump just as you are falling asleep.

This caused 5 nights of interrupted and not-so-comfortable sleep, hence my rating. It's a shame, as other than this, a lovely hotel.

And oh yeah, hotel breakfast buffet and bar food also excellent.

1  Thank Stuart Y

Dear StuartY

Thank you for your review, however, I am disappointed to learn that despite all elements of your stay being positive, that you encountered issues with our heating system.

Our system is an in room unit, that can be controlled manually by each guest to their preferred temperature. The temperature is between 19 degrees for cool air and 28 degrees for heating. Clearly this was not the case in your room and my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you encountered.

I would like the opportunity to investigate this matter further and ensure any issues are rectified for your future stays with us. If you would like to contact me directy to discuss, my email address is michelle_hickey@jurysinns.com

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I like to visit this hotel as they serve very good meals, they steak is fantastic and aged well! This time around I had a drink and a few starters. The Fishcake was superb and was served with a fried egg and salad, top notch! Then had the soup of the day and was brilliant! Service is always great here as the staff are truly hospitable. Lucy is always accommodating and very friendly. Santan was also very attentive and was knowledgeable about the menu. Well done to the GM and keep it up Jurys Inn Croydon!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank NoelofCroydon

Dear The HotelMan1985

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I am delighted to learn you enjoyed your recent meal in our restaurant.

Thank you also for your kind comments on our team, I will most certainly share this with them.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Jurys Inn Croydon on a future visit.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I only stayed for one night and I did like the hotel, but the menu for the restaurant and bar were quite limited which let it down. I would have booked the hotel for the next week otherwise.
The rooms are very good with all the necessary facilities. It's in a good location (near East Croydon station) for where I was working.

Dear Tardis9259

Thank you for your review. I have noted your comments on our food offerings and would like to advise you that we have recently changed our menus in both our bar and restaurant.

We offer a full 3 course menu consisting of 5 choices on each course in our restuarant, including weekly specials menu and an extensive new menu in our bar, which offers a large selection of dishes from steaks and burgers to sandwiches and snacks.

I would be happy to forward these to you by email, please feel free to contact me directly if you would like me to do so and I hope you choose to stay with us on a future visit to the area.

Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here overnight and sadly did not have an enjoyable night. The worst part was that the room was freezing as there seemed to be air getting through the bathroom vent and no heating options. Getting to sleep was a problem due to a noise that seemed to be water running coming from a vent in the ceiling. I also found the quality especially in the bathroom very poor. We will be staying at the neighbouring premier inn from now on as we find it much more comfortable, peaceful and better quality.
I

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Room standard, staff standard to very good, breakfast excellent, cleaning standard, facilities standard, extras basic...after a week staying here so far was asked this morning at the bar by the man serving if I am a guest at the hotel or someone from outside. Had to show my card style room key to prove I was a guest. Not the level of service one expects with a £770 a week room. Left me feel rather disappointed

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo