“good basic experience”

Jurys Inn London Croydon
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Croydon
“good basic experience”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Basic stay of two nights (no breakfast), pleasant and helpful staff, quiet, 5mins walk from E Croydon station and plenty of cafes and restaurants nearby if you don't want to eat in hotel. can't comment on the food, although I shared a lift with one of the waiters who said it was a little manic that evening because they had just changed the menu....which must be good!

Room Tip: Suspect that rooms facing main road might be noisy, mine was fine....not soundpoofed to the corridor...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lochem, The Netherlands
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We loved it! Our stay was beyond perfect. Last December I went with my sister to Croydon and stayed in a different hotel. I was so disappointed by that hotel, but loved the town of Croydon and the fact that it is so close to London. So together with my boyfriend I decided that we had to go back to Croydon, but choose a different hotel. We choose for Jurys Inn and we loved it!

The reception is super friendly, the apologise when they don’t have to and will do everything to make your stay pleasant.

The rooms are super clean, the bed is a little bit small but super comfy. Our room was on the road side. When we opened our windows we could hear the cars but it wasn’t disturbing. When we closed the windows we could hear NOTHING!! So great.

In the other hotel I stayed we could hear everything that was said in the room next door, but now we heard NOTHING! The last day we had a neighbour who slammed with the doors. That was the only thing we could hear. No talking, no laughing, no SNORKING!! Wonderful!

The bathroom was bigger than expected and again super clean.

One day we thought is wasn’t necessary to clean our room, so we put on a sign of “Do not disturb”. The sign fell off, so the lady who brings all the water and tea to the rooms asked which side of the sign we used. We told her the Do not disturb sign because we didn’t need cleaning. She apologized a hundred times for knocking on our door. We thought it was so sweet and thoughtful of her.

The breakfast was better than expected, everything was fresh and super tasty. Loved loved loved the orange juice! If we need to complain, then we need to say that one of the breakfast staff members was a bit moody. He never smiled and it looked like he hated his job. But the good food made all up for it!

The wifi was wonderful! A total surprise and it worked really well.

The locationswas better than we thought, really close to the train stations were you can go to London Victoria, London Bridge and Gatwick Airport within 20 minutes.

On the other side of the road of the hotel there is a shopping centre which will also bring you to the main shopping street of Croydon. There is a cinema in a 10 minute walk.

So bottom line, If we ever go back to Croydon ( and chances are) we will defiantly stay at Jurys Inn. And if friends ever go to London, I will recommend Jurys Inn.

Thanks to the staff for our great stay!
Love from Holland

Room Tip: One last tip, don't put your roomkey next to your phone. A lot of hotel have a system that will...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Roos G
Jurys-Inn-Manager, General Manager at Jurys Inn London Croydon, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Roos G

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay.

I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and recommend us so highly. We are one of the largest hotels in Croydon and as you point out, very centrally located for both shopping and access to Central London.

I am pleased to learn that you had a comfortable nights sleep and found the windows a satisfactory noise excluder when required. We are constantly improving our product and would like to advise that we have very recently also installed triple glazing in the majority of our bedrooms. We intend to complete the remainder of the hotel by the end of this year.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Jurys Inn in the near future.

England
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I used to be one of the harshest crtics of this hotel - tired rooms with a plush lobby. But no more; since the refurb the rooms are fresh, fittings durable and clean and in general the hotel is quiet. As many other chains in Croydon, expect tourists at breakfast, who are then bused into 'real' London. This may make breakfast somewhat hectic at times.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Jurys-Inn-Manager, General Manager at Jurys Inn London Croydon, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Tom_from_Malvern

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and that your opinions of the hotel and facilities are now very positive.

We completed the refurbishment of the hotel in 2011, so it is fantastic to receive such positive comments on how well maintained it continues to be.

As you correctly mention, we are a large hotel in the town centre, with most guests availing of our breakfast offerings. We do serve breakfast from 6.30am to 10am each midweek day and until 11am at weekends, so ensure all our guests are catered for in comfort.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back

Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Having used the hotel for a number of weeks for work; I have stayed in many of the rooms; each with its quirks as to what works (or doesnt). Examples include shower heating (rarely have I been able to just turn on and step in, most require a lot of tweaking to get a balance); above bed lights that don't fully turn off (solved by removing!); outside hall lighting coming into the room.

But the hotel staff have been both friendly and accommodating and of all the the things this hotel should be proud of is the professional attitude of its team.

This hotel is great though for getting into London or the Westfield shopping centres - and is only a five minute walk from the station.

Although it does not have a gym or pool, the Lansdowne opposite has a day rate for neighbouring hotels and the opportunity to take part in fitness sessions

Room Tip: Corner rooms are quieter
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Jurys-Inn-Manager, General Manager at Jurys Inn London Croydon, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Frog2009

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay. I was delighted to receive your kind comments on the team at the hotel, which I will most certainly share with them.

I have however noted your comments regarding some of the bedroom lighting and shower controls in some of our bedrooms that you stayed in. We do operate a very consistent daily maintenance check of all our bedrooms, so I was disappointed to learn of these issues.

I will certainly be reviewing these specific issues noted in all bedrooms and ensure they are immediately rectified.

Thank you again for your informative feedback and I hope we can continue to welcome you back to Jurys Inn Croydon.

Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

The first room that we had the lights kept turning off after about 2 minutes. So, we went to dinner and asked the front desk to send someone up. Upon our return, we asked the same lady if it was fixed, she said that she didn't know. We went to our room and was disappointed to find that the lights weren't fixed. We called the front desk and was told that the night manager couldn't figure out the problem, so she would come and deliver a new key on 2 minutes. 20 minutes later and two reminder calls to the front desk, we finally were moved to a new room.
The hotel is close to the train, in a quiet part of town, breakfast is good, and I thoroughly enjoyed a meal I had in the bar one night. The beds are small and lumpy, we asked for an extra duvet to cushion, which helped.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Tripadvisor Member

Thank you for your recent feedback. I was delighted to learn that you had an enjoyable meal in our bar at the hotel during your stay.

However, I was disappointed to learn of the issues you encountered with our key system which operates the electricity to each bedroom and the subsequent delays in resolving this issue for you.

Each of our bedrooms have an energy saving box installed that operates the electricity to each room once the key card is inserted. The guest card needs to remain in the box while a guest is in the room and removed when leaving. I would like to apologise that this was clearly not functioning correctly during your stay, resulting in you having to move to another room.

I am currently investigating the matter as a whole and will be putting procedures in place to ensure a similiar issue does not re-occur.

Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope we can look forward to welcoming you back to Jurys Inn Croydon on a future visit.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This hotel is great and I have no complaints whatsoever. The location is cross the road from Croydon town centre so is ideal if you want a central Croydon location, especially as the train station is about a 5 minute walk with links to Central London. The hotel itself is cosy and has everything you need. The staff are extremely helpful, rooms are a great size, and they include complimentary toiletries. They even allow a free late check out up until 2pm which I think sets this hotel apart from the rest. Lovely three star hotel where you can stay night after night with no fear that it will be anything but great.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

First stay for me in a Jury's Inn and first impressions very good. Room clean, all the necessary facilities and a voucher for a free drink.

The biggest disappointment for me was the smell of cigarette smoke in the bathroom coming through the ventilation fan. It was so pungent that if the bathroom door was left open the room stank of smoke - not pleasant. This was reported when I checked out but the reaction of staff left me in no doubt that nothing would be done. Incidentally I had to make a point of mentioning this issue as I was not asked
If my stay had been ok on checking out.

The other issue was the over keen cleaner who walked into the room just after 8am after knocking and waiting all of 3 seconds.

I may just have been unlucky as everything else was fine for the price paid including a nice breakfast and Costa facilities.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Addix100

Thank you for your recent feedback. I was very happy to read your positive comments on our hotel cleanliness, room facilities, breakfast and Costa offerings.

However, disappointed to learn of some issues you encountered with odour in the bathroom area of your room and subsequent communications with the team on the front desk.

I would like the opportunity to investigate these matters further, so perhaps you would like to contact me directly with some additional details on email - michelle_hickey@jurysinns.com

Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you