We booked this hotel through Spa breaks for the 4 of us to get a bit of relaxation, after leaving on the Monday morning I was far from relaxed.
The day started with a quick drink in the over priced and under staffed bar. We then moved on to our pre booked treatments in the spa where we were told there were no robes or slippers. The general repair of facilities was terrible, the lockers are difficult to open due to the age and there is no private changing facilities. The corridors around the changing rooms stink of sewage and one of the squash courts was filled with water bottles.
On the Sunday there were four weddings in the hotel and its impossible to move around the hotel without gate crashing wedding photos, wedding guests are all hanging around in the corridors or reception and there is no co-ordination from the staff. The rooms are not what I expect from a 4* hotel.
Due to the weddings we were booked into another room for dinner and were seated at 8:30pm, starters arrived an hour later and 2 of our party ordered soup but despite repeated requests were not provided soup spoons or bread. Mains arrived another hour later and myself and my partner sent it back and went without, the chicken was tough and potatoes raw. Desserts were served at 11:15pm after we were asked three times for our order as they kept loosing tickets. We were also forced to listen to thumping wedding music throughout. One bit of credit has to go to Stefano as after I explained I was using the spa break to propose to my girlfriend he provided a bottle of champagne as a sorry for the meal. I heard at least seven other tables complaining so it wasn't just us. Staff were also having full blown arguments in front of the room which was very unprofessional.
I did complain in the morning and was given a full refund but I couldn't wait to leave. I have put a complaint highlighting the problems but I got the standard response of come back and spend more money so we can show you that we can get things right.
I certainly wont be booking this hotel for my wedding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Et in 200 acres of beautiful Surrey countryside, De Vere Selsdon Estate is an historic country mansion with an 18 hole championship golf course, luxury beauty treatment rooms and well-appointed leisure club. Perfect for large scale business events in the area as well as romantic weddings, this picturesque setting also features extensive grounds ideal for outdoor team-building and celebrations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Superbreak UK and Odigeo so you can book your De Vere Selsdon Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Selsdon Park And Golf Course
- Selsdon Park & Golf Course Hotel Croydon
- Selsdon Park Hotel Course
- Selsdon Park Croydon
- De Vere Selsdon Estate Croydon, Surrey