“What excellent Service and Quality” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of McDermott's

McDermott's
Ranked #1 of 458 Restaurants in Croydon
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Croydon, United Kingdom
“What excellent Service and Quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

We have visited this restaurant frequently and the welcome, the service and the quality of the food are maintained at the highest standards. Best F&C ever.

“Excellent...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Great fish n chips, one of the best i've had. Not cheap, but you're paying for quality. Great service, really nice people.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
London
“Greetings from Thunder Bay Canada”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

We come to London a couple times of year to visit family. We always come here for a hug and a kiss from Lucy. The best fresh fish and the mushy peas aren't too bad either.

London, United Kingdom
“Best Fish & Chips in the UK”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

The fish is consistently fresh, beautifully cooked with portions that offer great value for money. The service is always extremely welcoming no matter how busy they are. The serving staff are delightful and go out of their way to please. My wife and I go regularly and would recommend it to anyone seeking a great meal in a happy and well managed environment.

Visited July 2014
Greater Cleveland
“Expensive, good fish and chips, had a service error”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I arrived in England and the first thing I did was go to this place. They accept credit cards and I didn't have any cash and wasn't planning on getting any in England at any time. The fish here is good. It tastes fresh and has a great batter. That being said, a regular order of fish and chips is £12.80 which is pretty expensive, especially in USD. Also, mushy peas, which normally come with a fish and chips meal, are an additional 85 pence. We ordered our meals and enjoyed them. I would personally add salt to your mushy peas because they don't season them. I try to pay and they say the credit card machine is broken. They ask if I would be willing to use an ATM that is next door and retrieve cash from it to pay for my meal. I walk over there and the ATM is down. We walk back into the restaurant and tell them it is down. Instead of offering to comp our meals because of their credit card issue, they suggest we walk down the street to a gas station and use the ATM there. I probably should have just walked out and never returned, but I did that. So I had to incur the fees of using an international ATM and walk down the street to get cash. Not a great service experience.

• 2 of 5 bubbles