“Fab old skool”

Ranked #1 of 490 Restaurants in Croydon
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I have been to the famous McDermotts's a few times now. Always put off going as thought it might be over rated. Not so. First rate fish and service was top notch. I wish I had this business.

There are newer reviews for McDermott's

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Even though it is quite a drive to go there we regularly go to get a dose of fish and chips. They have really got it well set up and everything is cooked to order. It may not be the cheapest but is definitely the best in the area.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Wow...quite possibly the best "Chippy" in England, certainly the best inland.

The fish was superior--large portions and very fresh. No leaving the bottom side on the plate, quality through and through.

Coming back again...

Reviewed 8 August 2014

cooked on the spot not kept warm under lighting so all very fresh .will always use mcdermotts for my fish and chips

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We went there on Sat 02/08/2014, it was our first time. The place was relatively busy. Very friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Both of our waitresses, both called Lucy, were very friendly and helpful. I have tried many highly rated Fish and chips places in London and I must say I was impressed by the freshness of the fish and the lightness of the batter. Really enjoyed eating there. We'll be back!