“Great music, food needs improvement ”
Review of Cadillac Diner

Cadillac Diner
Ranked #17 of 544 Restaurants in Croydon
Price range: US$6 - US$29
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: "Best American Style Food in Town!" Come and try our famous hamburgers, BBQ ribs and delicious milkshakes.
Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

Danny Fisher was fab, it was the 2nd time we'd been when he was performing. Great atmosphere and nice crowd of people. Fab watching people dancing and having fun. Food was awful. Every meal consists of the same chips, coleslaw a bit of iceberg lettuce and a slice of tomato. I ordered salmon which was served up like a dried price if leather, tiny too. My sister ordered sirloin steak which was more fat and gristle than meat. Both were returned and not eaten. We were refunded in full and offered an alternative. The manager is lovely and tries her best to keep everyone happy. Staff need some customer service training. No cutlery arrived with our meal, water in a jug but no glasses, plates cleared before everyone had finished eating. We spent all night asking for missing things. Plenty of staff on duty, so no excuse really. It's a shame that with such a simple menu that things are not better quality or cooked more carefully. Real shame and sadly had the same experience on a few occasions. Love the place but not the food.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 20 September 2018

Visited the Diner for the first (and last time). The chips were hard and dry, probably warmed up from earlier in the day. The burger was so soggy I could not pick it up to eat.
After dinner I ordered an Irish coffee. On arrival I noticed I only had a millimeter of cream on the top and it looked odd! I asked if I could have more cream please and the waiter just grunted and said OK. I waited another five minutes and called a waitress to
See if I was going to get more cream and was told he had gone out to get more cream!
Meanwhile I stirred the coffee I had and the cream went like scrambled egg, it was disgusting and obviously off! Why give a customer cream that they knew full well was off? I had no apology whatsoever not even a free coffee for the wait. I felt so sick looking at the off one, that I did not want another. I would not recommend this to any of my friends or family that’s for sure. The staff were not very friendly at all.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Lovely place great music. We visited on a quiet Friday evening. Service was great, very welcoming and friendly. We've ordered half and full racks of ribs and plain and sweet potatoes fries. Portions are big and food delicious. It could probably be a great place for an unusuall American style party.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Urszula P
Reviewed 13 July 2018

Have to visit this place because the food was amazing and the service what top banana split. Think it was Kacey that service us but all the staff were really friendly and had a great time. will be visiting again. Thank you for a great time.

Date of visit: July 2018
4  Thank Tony B
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Absolute knockout place, Every last Friday in the month, live entertainment, with exceptional food, and service, It could be your first visit, and they will treat you as an old friend, marvelous, well recommended

Date of visit: May 2018