“How this has three stars, I will never know”

Croydon Court Hotel
Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Croydon
Reviewed 7 February 2011

I arrived late and left early, which was just as well, as my room was depressing. Had I left the hotel, I would not have wished to return. I was unable to work due to only one light working and the bulb was very dull. The television remote contained no batteries and the bathroom door would not close. The stairs to my room where dirty, eg food particles on the floor. Breakfast was served by a lady who was obviously disinterested and when I greeted her I was ignored. I would not return to this hotel and wonder how ever it retains its three stars!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank janhealyrichard1

Reviewed 9 December 2010

I stayed here with my boyfriend and another couple, we wanted to visit london for a long weekend but had little cash so checked in here even after hearing pretty bad reviews, and i ant see any problem with this place. The room was basic but absolutely nothing wrong that we could see. The staff were very friendly and helpful and security are great there. the only thing we had a problem with was our keycard was deactivated on our second night but a quick trip down to reception and it was sorted. would recommend if you want value for money and dont mind basic but clean and friendly hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nia91
Reviewed 15 August 2010

We stayed for one night in a family room.Very clean,nice room.even our window was open all night and it was quite.staff on reception very frendly,girl spoke few languages.breakfast poor,but for small ammount of money you could order a full english breakfast.good connection with London center.Will be back and would reccomend it to friends especially with kids.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Tanjushka1975
Reviewed 13 May 2010

I discovered on 4th day of stay that the sticky wetness on the floor were not mop marks left by the cleaner! The toilet effluent was leaking on the floor. This was after asking for the leak to be fixed in the morning or I wanted another room. Came back in evening to find nothing had been done. When maintenance diagnosed the problem they had no spare parts and it was a major job so couldn't be fixed. They had no other rooms and wanted me to sleep there again - with just towels on the floor and a towel wrapped around the leak. Refused point blank to put me up in another hotel. Fawlty Towers! But without the humour. Finally persuaded them to mop and disinfect the floor. refused a refund. They take your money in advance.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank WalesNatr
Reviewed 9 May 2010

I stayed here for one night before an exam in Croydon. I walked into reception to find an angry man arguing with the reception about his keycard. My room was basic, small and cold but had an electric heater. The mattress was soft and warn. The hotel was noisy. The shower was a trickle, the sink had no plug. The breakfast lounge was basic, the tables were covered in crumbs from previous guests. When I went to reception to upgrade from continental breaskfast I found to my suprise that it was all flooded with water pouring from the ceiling. On checking out there was noone in reception to take my keycard apart from a cleaner. I tried to find a taxi number myself because they all seemed to busy to help me.
I'm sure that leaking ceilings are not an everyday occurence, but nevertheless I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank MarkNankervis
Reviewed 9 April 2010

Stayed 3 nights with collegues i am a contractor,We all had single rooms mine was disgusting, I had 2 single beds in my room both bed mattress were sunk in the middle, There was also someones dirty washing under the bed. Complained the next day asked for another room,The staff were rude and said there was nothing they could do,The shower you couldnt even call it a shower and the dirt round the shower looked like they had never cleaned it, Don't do it!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank 112233Uk
Reviewed 12 December 2009

I booked this 'hotel' for its close location to the hospital. I was staying on my own visiting my husband in the hospital. During the night there was an arguement in the next room about drugs (they werent being shared equally), someone banging on my door then someone trying to get in through my window. Security werent interested at all and I was refused my request to change rooms. I ended up leaving in the middle of the night and booking into a Premier Inn as I didnt feel safe. I have attempted to speak to the manager since but have been denied this and have been told there is no chance of a refund.
Staff at the hospital were horrified when I told them where I had booked and said the hotel was used as a bail hostel!!
Avoid this dirty noisy place. Its worth spending a bit more for peace of mind.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo