“Cant resist going back .. Always fabulous”

Cote d'Azur Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 497 Restaurants in Croydon
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2014

A large group of us 'ladies' went for a meal at Cote D'Azur. The restaurant was full, -glad to see its getting well supported-. we all had varying entrees and mains. The presentation sets the expectation for great tastes, and it doesn't disappoint. Even being so busy, the staff were managing to cope, and actually I prefer not to be too rushed between courses. Definitely recommend this restaurant. The menu is so extensive there is always something new to try.
A 'must visit' for Croydon

6  Thank Bev S

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I went with my Mum,brother and his girlfriend as a special treat-my brother had already been to this place once before and recommended it.
We arrived at around 20:05 in the evening.My brother had booked a table for 19:00 but unfortunately,due to transport issues we couldn't get to the place till 20:00.We explained it to the manager who arranged a table for us without issues.
After about 20 minutes we were served drinks and around 10 minutes later they came with a basket of bread-only 6 small slices of bread for 4 people.
And that was it for the next 50 minutes-we didn't get our starters until my brother started to complain the service was taking far too long.
Our main courses didn't arrive till 21:50-by then I was far too tired to enjoy the main course although I have to admit the fish was perfectly cooked and the sauce was delicious.
When we mentioned that the meal took an excessive amount of time we were told that it was due to a table of 20 who had ordered just before us.
If this restaurant wasn't capable of serving all its customers within a reasonable amount of time and at full capacity then it should seriously think of taking on more staff.
Not impressed and very surprised at the brilliant reviews of this place on Trip Advisor.
The staff did apologise and removed the service charge from our final bill.

4  Thank nuria4997
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I visited this restaurant with my husband for lunch & was pleasantly surprised. The service was outstanding & the food utterly delicious. I would certainly go back here again & recommend a lunchtime visit when it's a little less busy. Perfect!

8  Thank Kathryn L
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

As the title says, this is my third time eating here and it continues to live up to my expectations.

I brought a friend here for the first time (any excuse) and ordered mussels in white wine while she chose French onion soup. Both had great flavours and the mussels were so plentiful in size, that I couldn't finish them - a first for me!

She then ordered Mauritian lobster and I opted for the prawn curry - the presentation is always good but my, my, my - what beautiful flavours! I try not to order the same thing when I come here, which is hard because every dish becomes my favourite each time!

I broke my rule with desert and ordered the amazing creme brûlée with coconut ice cream.....again....there are no words for how scummy it is! My friend ordered the tiramisu which was equally lovely.

The restaurant has a great unpretentious atmosphere, with attentive, friendly staff and unbeatable prices.

I hope this restaurant never closes and stays open for a long time because it is my favourite place to eat in the area.

8  Thank Belle-Noel
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

The food is consistently great, keenly priced and well presented. The service is good, it's clean and has a reasonable wine list. A tiny tweak to improve the atmosphere and it would be a consistent first choice for me

2  Thank Carol P