Premier Inn London Croydon Town Centre Hotel
US$94
US$91
  • Breakfast included
Jurys Inn London Croydon(Croydon)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$57
Agoda.com
US$85
1,004 results
All reviewsthyme restaurantcroydon town centremeal dealtrain stationdiscount cardcar parkco opwhitgift centreshort walkgatwick airportfirst floorwhat it says on the tincentral locationexcellent hotelnight's sleepbudget hotelfamily room
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The location was great for all transport including the tram, the car park is about 550yds over the road and is controlled by NCP there is a 35%discount for guests. We left the car there for 2nights and only paid £13.00. The hotel has auto check in and is very easy, the staff are helpful and friendly. There is a choice of breakfast at a reasonable price. The food is hot &delicious, the rooms were clean and the bed was very comfortable, the bathroom had all the items you would want. Wifi can be purchased at £3 for 24hrs if required.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Had a one night stay as part of a business trip. An early surprise was the self-service check in - you enter your booking name in a machine to have both your room number and room swipe card printed. You have to use your room swipe card in the lift for security reasons.

The room was well equipped with a double bed, sofa, desk and storage (although shelves rather than cupboards, coat hangers but no wardrobe). Basic tea & coffee making facilities were provided. The bathroom was clean and still new (although the basin tap was loose and I struggled to get hot water in the basin at 10pm - Room 433 if anyone in maintenance is reading this). The TV was good quality with the full range of UK Freeview channels.

Breakfast was self service and of a good quality although any hot buffet struggles to keep the food hot. You make your own tea and coffee from a machine. There was a continental choice too.

Was there a down side? Well Croydon is Croydon so not much to do or see, but the hotel is a decent base for either London or Gatwick airport (both 15-20 minutes away in either direction) and the new station entrance is just across the road.

In summary, a good stay, but I felt very expensive for a Tuesday evening (£110-£120 depending on breakfast). What happened to the Premier Inn rooms advertised from £29.95?

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank David_B-Billericay
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The location and the rooms in the hotel are great and a good night's sleep was assured.

It all went wrong in the morning. I had checked the in-hotel information pack and was happy that breakfast was available until 11.30. When I went down before this time I thought I'd be fine, only to be told that breakfast had ended 20 minutes earlier. A few cereals still left out were offered, but since I didn't know how long they would be there, I decided to decline; I had expected a cooked breakfast and didn't fancy paying money for cereal that I could purchase 10 times over at home for half the price.

When I went to reception and complained as I checked out, I was told that the management would be made aware of the situation. So that was that. I wonder if the same management would care to explain to me why they decide to close down breakfast half an hour before all other Premier Inns, leaving guests to go into town with their luggage searching for a breakfast?

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Radioheadkiduk
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn London Croydon Town Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. We are very pleased that our team at the hotel ensured that you were well looked after. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our breakfast service did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

All staff were very friendly and polite. Breakfast was hot and delicious. Location great for Croydon centre. Room was clean and very comfortable. Reception staff were very efficient assisting my check in and arranging taxis. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Helen O
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed here during a 4 day trip to London. The staff were professional, welcoming and helpful, the breakfast first class and at a good price. The rooms are impeccably clean, as is the whole hotel. They guarantee a good nights sleep and I can honestly say I slept better here than I do at home!! For access to London from East Croydon station (about 2 mins walk) I don't think you could find a better hotel at the price. I give them 11/10. Just GREAT.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends