“Great”

Holiday Inn Express London Croydon
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Croydon
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I changed to this hotel after staying in another first, this was a great find. Kinda hard to find at first but after you know where it is actually well placed. Great rooms and has smoking ones too which I liked. Great staff, clean rooms and great breakfast. And mainly it felt safe and at the night times it was quiet and calm.

Great experience am booking again for this December.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
managerex, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Croydon, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Shelley N,

Thank you so much for the really nice review. It’s great to read that you found our rooms, breakfast and all staff to be to your satisfaction.

We look forward to welcoming you in holiday Inn Croydon in December

Best Regards

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express London Croydon

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stayed here recently found it awkward to find none of maps near railway station/s mention hi express clearly maybe needs looking at good staff and great breakfast i stayed thursday night last week one other problem there was massive smell of smoke the eighth floor where i was smelt and yet if someone smokes in rooms theres supposed to be 100 pound fines it made me feel not great but i dont really like to kick fusses if sataying there again i need reassurance that they stick to the fines etc as it was coming from one of the rooms on wighth floor and part of night yuck and bathroom stunk as say dont realy like complaining but theregoes

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear Clive C,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be best Holiday Inn Express around.

Please accept my sincere apologies about the smell of smoke in the room. The feedback we receive from you enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future

. Your feedback is very important to us as this assist us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests. We value you as our guest and hope you will continue to choose IHG for your future travel needs.

Sincerely

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stayed as it was recommended by a friend of mine who previously visited London and I must say it ticked all the boxes for me. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was clean. The breakfast was included and also wifi. I will definitely stay here again when visiting London.

Room Tip: As breakfast is included and the hotel is busy, if you like a relaxed breakfast go before 7am or aft...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear Eber F

Thank you so much for the really nice review. It’s great to read that you found our room, breakfast and service to be to your satisfaction.

We look forward to welcoming you in Holiday Inn Express Croydon soon.

Sincerely

Reviewed 23 October 2013

The hotel itself is difficult to find but it's in an attractive area with shops nearby and a short walk to the rail station. It's clean and comfortable but that's where the positive qualities end. I had the unfortunate occurance to have a three day booking before I realised I needed to add another day before my three day stay so I did so on another booking. Upon checkin I explained this situation and was told it was no problem and that I could stay in my same room. The next morning I was told I would have to checkout at 11am and return at 2pm to check in for my second booking. I explained the situation to the new front desk staff and they said that the room I had just stayed in was allocated to someone else. They said that the new occupants had requested a twin and so my room had to go to them. (Incidentely I had requested a double and was given a twin) I explained that this was not acceptable and after much argueing (20 mins) I was given a new room that had just been cleaned. After checking in I was told later in the afternoon that it was possible that I could have stayed where I was if I preferred a twin to a double. (You wouldn't believe it unless you were present but it was like Laurel and Hardy) For four days I dealt with the front desk staff who would often contradict each other and were not working as a team. The clincer came at breakfast. The breakfast buffet had no plates for the guests as they had been used up. I asked a waitress for a plate and she told me that I could go get a plate from an area on the otherside of the restaurant and if I could bring more plates for the other guests who were also waiting. They actually get you to do their jobs for them, same I couldn't check myself in. Regardless, the hotel itself is quite good but the hotel staff are abysmal and had problems working together and organising the simpliest of tasks.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
managerex, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Croydon, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Dear Matthew M.

Thank you for your review about your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express London Croydon.
I am sorry to read that the level of customer service you experienced was not up to your expectations. We pride ourselves for the good customer service we provide to our guests and your comments are certainly troubling and will be passed to the relative departments so that appropriate action will be taken. I am glad to read that our hotel in general, its location, the room, and the level of cleanliness was up to your expectations. We hope that you will be choosing us again for your future travel needs.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

The reception looks lovely and welcoming but the staff were very unhelpful, impolite and not friendly. Not a good start to our stay. The check in process set a precedence for the rest of the stay. Room was okay with basic facilities, beds really soft. Room did not feel comfortable, wifi is a nightmare to log on to. Need to register then call reception to get a code. They (the same unfriendly staff when we checked in) kept us on hold for ages and it was such a long winded process, gave up in the end! Breakfast staff were lovely but some of the food items (sausages, beans, sliced bread) of low quality. Parking restrictions all around - quite costly even in the evenings. We checked out after two days for another hotel whilst work was being done to our home. In comparison to other hotels we've recently stayed in, definitely in the bottom two. Would not stay here EVER again.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel. Feels like you're doing them (some of the staff) a favour with your c...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jon0706

Dear Jon0706,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Holiday Inn Express London Croydon. I am sorry to read that our hotel was not up to your expectations.Your comments have been passed to the relative departments and they will be dealt with. Please contact us at gm@exhicroydon if you so wish.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

This has to be one of the worst hotels I've had the misfortune to stay in. I've given it two stars rather than one as, due to my habit of following advice in TripAdvisor reviews I've been fortunate in never staying at any really bad hotels! And on this occasion the room itself was adequate, it was the management or the management's policy that was the problem here.
When we arrived we knew we were to check in from 2pm. We were early & after hanging around Croydon for a while we thought we'd head inside the hotel about 1.45 & take a chance. We were told our room was not ready, unsurprising enough. We waited patiently in the lobby for about half hour. But when several other parties arrived & were given keys to their rooms we returned to the desk & asked again for ours. We were told no it still was not ready. Another 15 mins went by, more people arrived & went to their alloted rooms. We complained again & asked to be given a different room, we were told no we must have our alloted room & they could not change this. We were actually there to go to a wedding. And by this time some friends of ours who were going to the same wedding came down from their rooms. On finding us there they kindly offered us their room to change in while they headed off to the wedding which we were by now late for. Halfway through changing wouldn't you know it our room was ready so we had to bag everything up again & wander up 5 flights to our room half dressed.
Our room was ok though rather tired & in need of a refurb. Our sleep was adequate though nothing fantastic. On getting up next morning however after my partner had told me he'd had a lovely shower there appeared to be no hot water left for me. I gave up & went without. On reporting this at reception the lady behind the counter did go & investigate whilst we had breakfast.
To be fair this lady on the second day did deal with our complaints, we did feel she listened to what we were saying and she did give us a bit off our bill. She took the trouble to explain what had happened when we arrived: basically Holiday Inn have a policy whereby guest who belong to the Holiday Inn "members club" have until 3pm to check out of their rooms. But their booking terms state that new guests can check in from 2pm. It doesn't take a genius to work out what's wrong with that policy! They could have easily eased our problem by switching us to a different room, but their inflexible attitude when we attempted to check in made the whole thing much worse.
Be warned!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Julie E

Dear Julie E.

Thank you for your review about your stay with us at Holiday Inn Express London Croydon. I am sorry to read that check in procedures were not up to your expectations and I apologise for that. Please be reassured that your comments have been passed to the relative department and appropriate actions taken. I am glad to read that your room and the quality of your sleep was adequate and that our staff dealt efficiently with your complaints the following day. We strive to provide all our guests with an excellent service and your comments will help us in improving it. Thank you again.
Best regards

Reviewed 12 October 2013

The hotel is a bit small but its accommodation facilities were adequate. The buffet breakfast was ok. Receptionists were helpful. The location is not that great neither is it too close to the train station to get to central London.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
managerex, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Croydon, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

Dear mgurcam,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am glad to read that you found our rooms adequate, our receptionists helpful and the free breakfast up to your expectations. I regret that you found our location not very convenient for your travel needs. I hope that this will not deter you to use our hotel in the future and we will be looking forward to welcoming you back at Holiday Inn Express London Croydon.