The usual standard HI-Express offering, if that is your expectation you will not be disappointed in this 10floor 170room hotel, kind of hidden and recessed behind Debenhams in the central shopping area.
Hint - follow the slop downhill at corner of Debenhams/Primark and take the alley on the right. The HIE is the 10story building on your left 50m in from alley entrance.
I found the staff to be friendly and good, as well as the usualy HIE included breakfast, which here I rate the sausages, scambled eggs, beans all quite edible, and other choices good and plentiful, cereal, yoghurts, pastries. (Some HIE's the sausages can be quite awful)
Lifts to rooms secured by room keycard, Double bed + Sofa room the standard layout, work desk with TV foo end of bed opposite sofa. Standard shower only bathroom, but instant copious hot water and good thick/large bath towels for a HIE.
TV has usual free UK channels, although seems hotel has issues piping TV signal to all their rooms so something to check before unpacking in case you need request a room move.
Ground floor has small bar extension of reception/checkin desk. Has draught beer which I prefer, Becks for reasonable 3.50gbp/pint . Seating by bar is tall tables + stools, but this adjoins breakfast area tables/chairs. When hotel full gets quite crowded here in mornings at breakfast time and a bit of a wait for one of the two small lifts.
With no food service outside of breakfast time, you can reheat food in a microwave provided if need be. I just went to local pubs, both Yates and Wetherspoons nearby , which do quite reasonable food. There is also a chiller display for drinks, snacks by lifts that you can pay for at reception.
Location is suprisngly well situated,
a)15mins first stop from LGW airport on line to Victoria Station
(Not so good if you arrive at LHR or LCY airports though)
b)lots of shops around, hopping centre, most banks/ATMs et, and Pubs.
c)Easy to get to Victoria, Mayfair and City area by public transport.
Internet is wifi throughout hotel, just a one-speed (band) and you need password slip/voucher from receptiion at checkin. For IHG elites intenet access is free and was fast enough for normal browsing activities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Express London Croydon is the ideal location for business and leisure travellers visiting Croydon, only 15 mins from Central London by train. The hotel boasts 156 contemporary style, air-conditioned, en-suite bedrooms each with high speed internet access offering guests a comfortable and connected stay .After a great night’s sleep, they enjoy our FREE Hot buffet breakfast All this is coupled with conference facilities for up to 70 people on a dedicated floor. WiFi in the lobby area is free to all guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London Croydon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express London Croydon Hotel Croydon
- Express London Croydon
- London Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express London Croydon Surrey