The hotel inside is quite OK, you will get the usual Holiday Inn experience.
It was not the very easy to find the Hotel since it is kinda "backyard" of some shopping centre but it is not too difficult either. (it is not a noisy neighborhood).
What was not said during booking that there is a 30£ deposit per room.
Location actually is quite OK although it is in zone 5, you can get to East Croydon station in 7 minutes walk and from there to London Bridge station in 15 minutes. The good thing is that almost all trains stops in East Croydon (except Gatwick express) so you can get to London city in or out quite fast. Also from Gatwick you can get to East Croydon without changing trains.
The hotel neighborhood is a bit low especially during evening (after 7pm) when it seems the streets get empty since only pubs and fast food chains open longer hours. There is a really close KFC but other then that it is hard to find any place to eat after 7pm. (In one evening we were eating in a pub with kids but they cannot stay in the pub after 7pm - by law).
BTW: The Croydon shopping street is 50m away but as I said everything closing latest at 7pm. So, probably better to shop and eat in London...
The hotel breakfast was OK-ish but it was every morning the same so eating that for 4 days we got very "boring". My wife was also complaining that there were no salads or vegetables at all for breakfast (no salad, no cucumber, no tomato or any other vegetable). Fruit was also exclusive for apple, no other fruit. What I was eating is scrambled eggs and some sausages with braid and cheese (there were no ham either) + orange juice. Kids usually had some cereals in milk.
Room was clean and they did clean daily and you cannot stop them to do that (so no sign for please do not clean or enter the room).
The toilet/shower door was really interesting since 1 door was used for both, meaning you either close the toilet and then the shower is open to the room OR you close the shower and then the toilet is together with shower. (With other words you can separate either only the toilet from the room OR the toilet and the shower from the room) The only problem with this if you take a dump and wanted to have a shower then you have to smell or let the steam in the room (if you separate only the toilet from the room) - for me this was not ideal.
The queen size bed was comfortable, although there were only 1 blanket so you will have to get close or one of you might take off from the other the blanket.
There was WiFi in the room but you need every time connect first to the provider page to get a registration before you could go to the internet (it was a bit annoying after 3 days).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Express London Croydon is the ideal location for business and leisure travellers visiting Croydon, only 15 mins from Central London by train. The hotel boasts 156 contemporary style, air-conditioned, en-suite bedrooms each with high speed internet access offering guests a comfortable and connected stay .After a great night’s sleep, they enjoy our FREE Hot buffet breakfast All this is coupled with conference facilities for up to 70 people on a dedicated floor. WiFi in the lobby area is free to all guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London Croydon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express London Croydon Hotel Croydon
- Express London Croydon
- London Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express London Croydon Surrey