and 1 more site!
Premier Inn London Croydon South (A212) Hotel
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Croydon
Reviewed 10 June 2012

From check-in to check-out this hotel was excellent. Rooms are clean, beds and bedding very comfortable and there is plenty of hot water if you want a bath in the good size tub. Hotel is situated in wooded grounds and that really adds to the experience. Breakfast is served in the Beefeater restaurant and it is terrific value with something for everyone, including veggie options, all served by cheerful staff. Croydon is easy to reach by taxi, about £5 and the trams also serve the area. But above all the team of staff, and they do really operate as a team, is what makes this a great experience. From Reception to room attendants and waiting staff in the restaurant, they are all friendly, courteous, helpful and have a good sense of humour. We will definately return and consider other Premier Inns if this is the benchmark they set.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Patricia M
Joanne H, Manager at Premier Inn London Croydon South (A212) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Thank you for taking your time to write a review on your recent stay at the Premier Inn Croydon South. I am very happy to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our hotel offered you everything for a comfortable stay. I am particularly pleased to hear that you were well looked after by our team. I will pass your fantasitic comments on to them.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 27 May 2012

We were going to England for a week in May, and wanted accommodation that was in a good location and a reasonable price.
Our only real requirement, if possible, was a king size bed - my husband is 6ft 4ins. The website was rather vague so I telephoned the hotel to ask about the bed size. I was told that all their beds WERE king size. So, I then booked on line and paid up front because that was the cheapest deal. In fact, the money is non refundable but then it was a "deal".
Unfortunately, we found when we arrived that NONE of their beds are king sized! The receptionist, whilst being very pleasant asked if I had taken the person's name that I spoke to, but I had not. She then said that as I had actually booked online, there was nothing they could do. So, okay, we sucked it up and got on with it.
In every other respect, the service and room were fine. We needed extra hangers, and there was only one draw - hence us asking for extra hangers but we coped. The rooms are very clean and neat, there was a lovely full sized bath and plenty of hot water in the shower. They seem to have quite a turnover of guests, but it was relatively quiet, and we actually slept well.
The location is great because it is very easy to get to the main motorways M23 and M25. Also, the go to the south coast (seaside), and East Croydon station is close with trains regularly into London, and all over the place. Croydon also has a great shopping center and lots of restaurants of all types.
Across the road from the hotel is Lloyd Park, should visitors need to walk or jog, there are also exercise machines to use!
The hotel does not do food but Coombe Lodge is next door. We tried it twice, the first night we arrived and it was fine, food and service was good. We then tried it on the Sunday evening and it was dire. We had to wait half and hour for the food - burgers, so nothing difficult; and the first person who served us at the bar (we went in there because we thought it would be quick!!), seemed to prefer to clean and stock shelves that serve customers. I asked for Merlot and was given Shiraz and my husband asked for Stella beer, which usually comes in a special glass - but it didn't! So, be warned, it is hit and miss. We did not have breakfast there because it seemed quite expensive and we don't eat that much in the morning.
Overall, we had an excellent week, but others should beware of the possible drawbacks.

Room Tip: If you have any special requirements, call the hotel to ask and book the room over the phone, not on...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank CathyInPanama
Joanne H, Manager at Premier Inn London Croydon South (A212) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Thank you for taking your time to post a review about your recent stay with the Premier Inn Croydon South. It really matters to us that guests enjoy every aspect of their stay and I am sorry that on this occasion some aspects of our hotel did not meet your expectations. I believe the UK king size bed is smaller than a US king size bed and I am sorry that the beds did not meet your expectations. Please be assured that the issues you have raised regarding the Coombe Lodge are being fully investigated by the manager. I am happy that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us and I hope that you will choose Premier Inn again in the future.

Reviewed 23 May 2012

We highly recommend this inn. The location is excellent... its very quiet; in fact in the middle of the woods. Its very close to all the Surrey based activities. Next door is a Beefeater Pub which also serves breakfast. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The inn is modern and clean. The room was great... new LCD TV; great shower. And best of all, the heating system in the room is quiet. Take a room towards the rear of the inn, since the rooms closest to the Beefeater can be noisy, especially at 7am when they're taking delivery of kegs of beer. We booked months before our actual stay and get some good pricing... I thought it was great value for money.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ted L
Joanne H, Manager at Premier Inn London Croydon South (A212) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Thank you for taking your time to post a review about your recent stay at the Premier Inn Croydon South.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our team to be friendly and helpful, your comments will be passed on to them.
Just a tip for future bookings, if you have any special requests, such as a quietly located room, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to your arrival and we will do our best to meet your requirements.

Once again thank you for sharing your feedback.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 May 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights while visiting our son who lives nearby.
Place was very clean and the staff were very helpful. We had breakfasts included and these were very good and it was a case of ' as much as you could eat'. breakfast staff were also very good.
The only down point was the evening meals at the adjacent Beefeater type place, these were very poor and of low standard. Eat somewhere else at night.
Would stay there again and if all Premier Inns are like this then we will be staying at more.

Room Tip: First floor at back are very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PatnPete

Thank you for taking your time to post a review on your recent stay at the Premier Inn Croydon South.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our team to be helpful.
I am sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your dinner and I will ensure that your feedback is passed on to the restaurant manager.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 11 May 2012

The hotel itself a a standard Premier Inn hotel, with good clean rooms and comfortable beds. The breakfast is served in a beautiful old English style hotel-pub that has great charm. In the evening there is an excellent selection of food (BeefEater), especially for children.
The staff is very friendly and helpful, both at the hotel and pub.
The hotel is located in a leafy green area with Lloyd Park nearby (great for children and jogging).
London is only half an hour away with the Tramlink 5 mins walk away (stop Lloyd park), switch to the train in East Croydon to Victoria Station. Very easy.

Room Tip: Rooms with uneven numbers overlook the beautiful back garden of the pub, the low even rooms part of...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Meijerink

Thank you for taking your time to post a review on the Premier Inn Croydon South.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a good meal in our Beefeater restaurant.
I will pass your feedback on to our team.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 May 2012 via mobile

We stayed here after attending a wedding in west wickham. The staff on the front desk are excellent, really friendly! Always with a smile.
The bed was firm but comfortable.
I had a bath in the morning and there was plenty of hot water.
You could purchase breakfast for £5.25 for continental or £8.25 for a full ( as much as you want) breakfast.
It was served in the lodge next door and it was lovely.
Overall a great place for a good nights sleep!

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank drumsgemma83
Joanne H, Manager at Premier Inn London Croydon South (A212) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2012

Thank you for taking your time to post a review about your recent stay at the Premier Inn Croydon south. I am very happy that we provided you with everything you needed for a great stay and that you were happy with the service that we gave you.

We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

We stayed at the premier inn last week for 3 nights with my parents. We slept fine all three nights, however for one of the nights the couple next door to my parents were having a blazing row and kept them up half the night. The staff were excellent at dealing with this and refunded my parents two of thier three nights (without being asked to).
Staff throughout the hotel & the restaurant were excellent, would recommend this premier inn to others.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank annSstokeontrent
Joanne H, Manager at Premier Inn London Croydon South (A212) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about your stay.

I am glad that you decided to stay with us here at the Premier Inn Croydon South.
I am sorry that your parents experienced disturbances during their stay, but I am happy that you were satisfied with the way our team dealt with the issues and that you were well looked after.

Thank you for your kind words about our team.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Kind regards,