“You have no excuse to stay here now!”

Normanton Park Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Croydon
Normanton Park Hotel
Ranked #23 of 24 Hotels in Croydon
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I didn't check out the hotel for reviews before I booked, so more fool me. If you've read the reviews and you stay in this hovel, then you only have yourself to blame.

This is the smelliest and most disgusting place I've ever stayed at. Squalid would be praise. If my wife had been with me, I'd have had no choice but to find an alternative room. I was there on business the afternoon of my stay and travelling home in the morning. I wouldn't have felt confident in going into a meeting after staying at the Normanton.

Stay away.

Room Tip: Find one in a different hotel to the Normanton.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
11  Thank Bob B

Reviewed 29 November 2011

We were foolishly booked into this place by our company, upon arriving the building was verging on derelict. After 15 mins waiting for someone to check us in, it then took another 20 mins of total confusion for Mr. peacock to work out who we were. As we were taken to our room all the carpets were thread bare, even on the stairs! The room stank, had lino floors and a very dirty looking sink in the corner. I didn't even want to look at the bedding! The toilets were tiny, smelly and extremely dirty, and the lock was so rusty you couldn't lock it. The bath was even worse, holes fixed with fibre glass and not even smoothed off properly and a sign to say do not open windows due to wasps! We contacted our company and told them we refused point blank to stay there! I've been to trouble hot spots round the world in the forces and this has to be the worse place i've ever seen!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
10  Thank neil l
Reviewed 17 October 2011

This is... well, it's mostly kind of like a hostel for drunks or drug addicts or something like that. Very few 'normal' paying customers.

Prices are low but, well, you get what you pay for in this instance.

Might just about suit someone who's no stranger to squalor & is literally just looking for somewhere to get their head down & then leave. Other than that to be avoided.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
5  Thank TFP2London_UK
Reviewed 1 August 2011

scrap cars in car park, smell like it looks when you get through the door. not been looked after since the 60s. same could been said for the owner. place was full or what I could only say there where people who where at their lowest due to drink or drugs. cost me a weeks money only stayed 1 hour slept in my car in a layby as safer and did not smells like a toilet. PLEASE DO NOT BOOK THIS FEA BITTEN LOWEST OF LOWEST SMELLY DOSS HOUSES. I Hope People Read This Before Booking. It Needs Pulling Down Its A Death Trap.

• Stayed: July 2011
10  Thank whatdosshouse
Reviewed 15 May 2011

this is the smelliest, nastiest place I have every visited let along stayed in - it stuck to high heaven - nasty nasty place -- would be surprised if it is still open - has anyone stayed there recentaly

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
8  Thank supergran0606
Reviewed 23 September 2010

Please just dont stay here ! In a word, tired and needs some serious updating, particularly the reception and frontal area.I am truly amazed it is allowed to stay open as an ongoing business concern. No running hot or even mildy warm water. I was told when booked the rate included breakfast but this was then an extra.

This hotel is the worst I have ever stayed in. Not recommended.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
8  Thank Neil E
Reviewed 31 July 2009

Frankly, I feel sorry for all those who have not benefitted from the truth of the reviews on this site about this woefully unacceptable place.

I am amazed and somewhat disgusted by this whole thing. Local people have repeatedly complained to Croydon Council. they cannot fathom the reasoning (they don't seem to provide any) for this place being allowed to continue its fraudulent business under the guise of Hotel, and not the Doss house it is.

Living locally to it for several years, I have never seen anyone leave the place who was not obviously a drunk, or drop out staying there what appears to be for the duration. That is not to be disrespectful, just truthful.

Its location is the main problem though - even bigger than the losses I have read about on this blogup. As some of you may have noticed, the place backs onto a local primary school!! It is even within 100m of a Day Nursey on the corner of Normanton and Croham roads.

Just cannot for the life of me think why such a place would be allowed to exist by the council in that location. I am intrigued as to any thoughts anyone might have on this.

Suffice to reiterate the comments of these pages. Please Please please stay away from the Normanton park "Hotel".

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business