Normanton Park Hotel
Jurys Inn London Croydon(Croydon)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$54
Travelodge
US$87
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I went to stay here and after looking at the room I ran as fast as I could. This place is disgusting. I wouldn't stay here if it was the last place on earth. The staff are dirty and rude and it is definitely NOT as described on the website

• Stayed: April 2014
10  Thank zippy5800
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The reviews freaked me out quite a bit as I had booked before I read them. Look, if you are paying £30 a night what do you think you are getting? A small room! Yes this place is very old and hasn't been touched for a long time. The guy that people call Ronald is an old man that can hardly walk so don't expect to much from him. He was nice to me anyway. If you are into horror movies you could quite like the place. I had no problem with any stayers as I didn't see one person the whole 2 nights I was there. I even did the whole Steven King approach and wrote a short story about the place.

Room Tip: Get a room with an en suite! Otherwise you have to share bathrooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank David W
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

This is the most scariest dirtiest place I've ever stayed in my life, it's full of croydon council tenants who are dependant on drugs or alcohol but this is still being used as a hotel for unknowing guests, there is carpet in the bathroom, black baths and toilets, no security doors or even security at that, no lighting at night, not even a first aid box is on site, the whole place smells and is dated rooms are falling apart at the seams, bedding is stained and filthy I must add this hotel is run by a man named Mr Pocock who reminds me of a creepy old man you don't want to be around, basically the police was there for two of the three nights I stayed and is constantly full of people arguing about drugs or clients, please avoid and just save your money

Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
10  Thank Gia M
Reviewed 24 September 2013

This is positively the most awful disgusting place I have ever visited. Booked a week as was working nearby but decided not to stay after seeing the rooms. Paid a cancellation fee only to discover that my credit card had been charged for the whole stay. Had to threaten court action to get my money back. My stay was some time ago but judging by the reviews nothing has changed. I am astounded that his hovel run by an extremely nasty man is still in business. Without doubt the worst hotel I have ever seen.

Stayed: October 2012
10  Thank AndrewJM70
Reviewed 21 March 2013

stayed in a recently refurbished room with en suite was only £30 for the night
i would admit the surroundings aren't pretty but this is an old fashioned place - if it's some where you want to get your head down then it's ideal ...
There wasn't any particular stench as far as i was concerned & Mr Pocock & a nice lady called Barbara were very helpful in assisting me with directions to the local shops - also parked my car on the drive...

Room Tip: ask for the best room with en suite
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business