“Horrible, dirty.”
Review of South Park Hotel

South Park Hotel
Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Croydon
Reviewed 27 June 2014

57£ per Night, unbelievable.
Dirty because to no one of the staff (all Indian) care about cleaning.
We stayed 3 nights at the hotel and they never came to change the towels.
you should be ashamed.
PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS HOTEL.
sleeping on the street is more hygienic.
breakfast mayonnaise expired.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Wally T
There are newer reviews for South Park Hotel

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My Fiancé and I stopped here for one night whilst seeing family nearby - it was appealing as the price was less than the Travelodge and Holiday Inns and it offered free parking

We were met at the Reception area just after the checking-in time and we were advised that the lights were being fixed in the room and we couldn't get in there for 10 minutes or so. We didn't want to wait around so the gentleman on reception kindly looked after our bags and offered to show us around when we returned.

6 minute walk to South Croydon station.

The bed was a little squeaky but I managed a good night's sleep, could not hear any outside noise or other people and the temperature was just right - you have the use of a radiator in there. Tea and coffee making facilities with biscuits, orange juice and plenty of milk and sugar (for a change!) is available in the room. The Wi-Fi was a bit on and off and the TV had only 3 channels, but it was so not the end of the world, the rest of the room was clean. There isn't a fridge in the room, but there is a communal fridge for guests in the kitchen. I can't comment on the shower as I didn't use it!

The hotel in general was clean and the kitchen area appeared to be well maintained.

Don't be put off with the whole self service breakfast thing, as everything is available to you and you just help yourself - of course whenever you fancy it too.

The place is like a little maze but easy enough to navigate after the first time to and from your room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hollie T
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Well located, with free parking, very pleasant staff & easy check in, room was a good size, warm, clean & tidy, decent TV, excellent WiFi,very comfy bed, tea & coffee, biscuits,& juice, nice bathroom, spotless communal kitchen, with a large variety of food, & drinks, even has a washing machine! overall a very good hotel at a reasonable price (very rare, this close to London).
I would definitely recommend this hotel.
Moan: the bed was so comfortable, I overslept!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 January 2014

The front line staff were very friendly. Free wifi all the time good connection. Rooms were clean. Novel way of having breakfast - fully equipped communal kitchen. We loved this as we could have breakfast at any time. Busstop right on the door step perfect. 20 min to London central on the train. We did have 1 horrible night where some-one above us was making a lot of noise - this is an old house so if you on the ground floor you hear everything above you.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I use to stay here quite a lot but since new management things have gone abit down in certain parts which need updating - room was ok but someone had been doing alterations to the light above the sink in the bathroom and not put the plastic back properly, the glass for the walk in showed looked like it hadn't been clean for ages as there was water marks all the way down, the shower head needed to be cleaned as well. Bed ok, full freeview on the tv available - wifi not great in the room very poor signal

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I stayed here recently for one night as I was in London and Croydon for business for a couple of days.

The room was modern and clean and good value for what I paid (about £62 via Booking.com)

Breakfast was quite novel for me; I've never stayed in an apart/hotel like this before. Basically, there was a fully equipped kitchen with a fridge full of bread, eggs, cheese, bacon, juice, tea, coffee, milk etc. There were a few cookers, toasters, kettle etc etc. It was a 24/7 breakfast and there was a separate room you could take you food to eat, a guest lounge. Although I was on my own, I thought what a great idea if you have fussy kids!

Staff were very friendly, there's a restaurant on site if doing Indian/Chinese style food (I didn't eat here) and it was all good. No negative points for me.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank RoxyCasey
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We booked a standard double room as we were going to a friend's wedding in Bromley. Friendly service, clean and spacious rooms, guest room and kitchen facilities were great. Great value for money. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013