“Good food, rude staff!”
Review of Chu Chin Chow

Chu Chin Chow
Reserve with OpenTable
Chu Chin Chow is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 51 Restaurants in East Molesey
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The food is hit and miss but on a good day it is very good! The major drawback of this restaurant is that the staff can be very rude and unfriendly. Some training in customer service is required, particularly for the men.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The best Chinese restaurant in the area. Always go back for the food which is to a high standard and I would particularly recommend the Chicken breast sweet and sour balls marvellous sauce with pineapple and the beef in black bean sauce very rich sauce. Staff are always friendly and the place has been enhanced with a new set menu

Reviewed 29 April 2014

This place has been a classic fixture of East Molesey for many years and I have been going there all that time. Some of the staff are still the same! The food is a good standard for the classic local Chinese restaurant genre. Maybe they could think about updating the menu and restaurant a bit.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I phoned for a takeaway on a Sunday lunchtime for 9 people to be picked up at 1.20 pm. The food was ready waiting for us and our family enjoyed it very much. I dropped an e-mail to say thank you to the restaurant and received a reply back that they had overcharged us by mistake and asking the best money to get the difference back to me. Impressive stuff - I would never have known if it had not been mentioned. refreshing to see such honesty. We used to go in the Chu Chin Chow a lot when we lived closer but have now moved away. However it will remain my favourite Chinese restaurant in the area.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

My wife , her daughter and I ate here last Saturday night. We did not have a reservation but were shown to a table in the back corner.

We ordered crispy duck as a starter and it arrived quite swiftly. That was cleared away and we waited about 40 minutes for our main courses to arrive. We ordered 3 main dishes, egg fried rice and, from, the vegetable section, grilled aubergine. During this very long wait a waiter appeared looking confused and asked if we were waiting for our duck.

Then warm plates and dish warmers were delivered to the table. Another 20 minutes elapsed and our food appeared, by which time of course our plates were stone cold. The aubergines were in a black bean sauce and topped with a pink crust, which turned out to be minced prawn, to which I am extremely allergic. Fortunately the girls tried this first or my evening would have ended disastrously. In fairness, the rest of the food was tasty.

When the table was being cleared I asked why the "grilled aubergine" was so in appropriately described in the menu. Answer came there none but it was deducted from our bill. To make things worse, there was a 10% service charge added to the bill.

During our wait for food we had also been reduced to terrible coughing fits by the noxious fumes emanating from a "sizzling" dish served to a table in the opposite corner of the room. The couple at the table next to us were also coughing.

Dreadful dining experience. Never again. Avoid this place.