“Daughter's 21st” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Square Olive

Square Olive
Ranked #15 of 48 Restaurants in East Molesey
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Remember the days before restaurant chains? Friendly, family service? Freshly made dishes? Welcome Back! We are here to offer you all of that.Square Olive was born out of a desire to bring friends and family together around the table. The owners gathered a group of creative, enterprising friends to create an Italian restaurant that reminded them of warm, gregarious Italian hospitality. Joining in the effort and putting the original 'authentic' mark on the menu was Carmine of Abruzzo. The gracious smiles and genuine hospitality that greet you at our doors and make you feel part of the family while you are dining with us was Ornella of Napoli.Everyone you meet here is happy you've come, and they're genuinely dedicated to having you visit with us frequently. This is our home. You are our guest. And we will attend to your dining experience with a degree of care and attention to detail unrivaled elsewhere. A deep desire to serve others is the secret to success of a gracious host. And its why, at Square Olive, we want you to always leave with a smile.
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Daughter's 21st”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

There were 5 of us in our party, celebrating my daughter's 21st. (28 June) We had spent the day in London, and had researched places to eat before the day. We were not disappointed. The ambience was amazing, it is more like an up market wine bar, than a restaurant. The food was fantastic, 5 clean plates at each course, tells it's own story. We also had a female singer on, who was very good, sang lots of requests, and was very interactive. All in all a very nice place to celebrate something special, and we would not hesitate to use it again, if we were in the area.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Weybridge, United Kingdom
“Not another average overpriced restaurant ??”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Went here yesterday ( 15 June ) for lunch with my wife. The restaurant is set in a nice area with views onto the busy streets. The food was average and the service average. The type and selection of food can be found at a number of other restaurants within a couple of hundred yards radius. An optional service charge is made, which I did not pay. We will not be returning.

• Visited June 2014
Farnham, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

We went as a group of 4. Dined with Tastecard which was 2 people per card and we had two cards but they only allowed us to use one card at the table.

The chicken dish ordered with salad came with spaghetti and had to be changed. Three pasta dishes were ordered. Overpriced for what they were. My dish with seafood had two langoustines, which looked impressive but the meat in them was equivalent of two tiny prawns. The other seafood was clams ,which were full of sand and I could not finish or enjoy the dish. I did tell the waitress that the dish was very gritty, which was why I had only eaten half. She did not seem particularly interested. On receiving the bill I noted that they had charged me for the inedible dish. If we had not been with other people I would have asked for it to be taken off the bill. Not happy and would not return again.

East Molesey, United Kingdom
“Lovely staff, very average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

I dined here on Saturday with my partner and his parents. I have had brunch here once when the Olympics cycling was on and it was good. I have also heard from a few people that the food is quite good.
Before getting to the food I have to say that I do not have a bad thing to say about the staff - they were lovely. Although the singer might not have been to everyones taste (a little West End Musical) at times when something very chilled and gentle might have been better - having said that the restaurant was not full (and rarely is) so this may have had something to do with the acoustics.
We stared off with the seafood starter Scallop, Prawns that came on a skewer. The scallop, although perfectly cooked was bland and the prawn had been chargrilled and just tasted a little burnt and over cooked. I had the salmon pasta for main course which was quite heavy and nothing special, the sort of thing that could be knocked up in a few mins at home (although very salty - and I like salt normally but this was too much), my salad never materialised. The others had pizza (which were good) and then the pork belly which looked more like a school dinner - just slices of pork on a plate with gravy. I have to say, having tasted the pork belly at the Mute Swan over the bridge this was not a patch on it. We decided to go to Mezzet up the road for our pudding, nightcaps & coffee...not the restaurants fault but due to a small child shrieking.

I sadly would not come back to this restaurant - there is too much competition in the area for it to warrant another visit - unless it was for pizza for a cheap and cheerful gathering with friends.

London, United Kingdom
“Great restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Visited Square Olive with friends last saturday and was really surprised how empty this lovely restaurant was! The food is great, the service brilliant, nothing is too much trouble and they had a very good girl singer , the ideal place for a saturday night. Dont know why Hampton Court isnt busier at weekends when the tourists go home but give this place a try as its well worth it!

• 4 of 5 bubbles