“Best restaurant in Epsom for sure!”
Review of Makiyaki

Makiyaki
Ranked #44 of 182 Restaurants in Epsom
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I discovered this hidden gem last year and havent stopped going back since. As a student, although my pocket doesn't quite agree with me coming here all the time, I can't resist. This is without doubt the first choice for dinner/birthday parties...the food is always fresh and high quality and the owners and staff are lovely and welcoming. I am a huge foodie and this is not only the best restaurant in Epsom, it's the best sushi place I've ever been to. Yes, it's 10x better than chain ones such as Yo! Sushi or wasabi. Highly recommended!!

There are newer reviews for Makiyaki

Reviewed 23 January 2012

Fresh tasty food & pleasant staff make Makiyaki a top choice. Eaten there several times (& ordered several take-aways) & never been disappointed. We've enjoyed sushi all over the world, including Japan & this rates up there with some of the best!

Reviewed 19 January 2012

This is a small restaurant with a big welcome!
Arriving at the restaurant, both the waitress and the chef gave a big smile and cheery hello which was lovely!
You can ask for help with the menu if you have never eaten Japanese before and the waitress is more than happy to help. Starters was a Squid Tempura and Soft Shell Crab. She recommended a lovely Maki dish for my husband and I had a sizzling Teriyaki steak with sticky rice which was fresh and a good quality meat.
2 glasses of Merlot starters, main courses and 10% service came to approx £44 which was also very good value. I would definitely return here, but as we did this time, would book as it only has a few tables.

Reviewed 29 October 2011

We have been to Makiyaki many times and it always delivers a really great meal.

Their sashimi combination is great, and their soft-shell crab starter is sublime...... Epsom is short of good quality restaurants, but this is definitely one

Reviewed 9 August 2011

It is a little Japonese restaurant, with a wide menu of makis. There is something for every taste. We only had makis and nigiris and they were great, some makis are realy exotic.
The only negative side for us, is that it is not child friendly, since it has not much space or high chairs.