“Excellent...kids love it... But my bottom not so much!”
Review of Hobbledown

Hobbledown
Ranked #2 of 26 things to do in Epsom
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hobbledown is a multi-award winning adventure park and zoo
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

My children visit this place several times per week. They love it. The staff are wonderful - especially the 'story time' crew. The food is of good quality and cheap. My only niggle is the seating in the play barn... It's so uncomfortable. I get that they want it to look all woodland and authentic, but some padding on the seats or maybe even some comfy chairs / sofas would be much appreciated.

1  Thank geoffcollins
Katherine N, Public Relations Manager at Hobbledown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

We are glad you love our destination, thank you. We will pass on your comments about the seating, thank you.

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"great fun"
in 38 reviews

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

This will be the third time I have come to hobbledown. I have an 8 month old baby and although there is a lot of play areas for older children he likes looking at the animals! The cafe is nice and has a good choice of food! Would definitely come again!

1  Thank Lharl
Katherine N, Public Relations Manager at Hobbledown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for your review. Have you thought about purchasing an Annual Pass? They are great value for money for frequent visitors. Then you can come all the time!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I treated my daughter and her two children to a day out having liked the look of it on the website. It didn't disappoint! The kids (4 and 1) loved seeing the animals and playing on the crystal maze play area. It's safe for little ones but not adults as I soon discovered!!! I went on the slide with my 1 year old grandson on my lap but unfortunately another child was running up the slide as we were coming down. On swerving to avoid injury to the children I hit the side of the slide , breaking two toes (as I discovered, later ). The staff were excellent in helping, especially David Moore who was calm and practical. Thanks David! We will definitely be returning as sadly our day was cut short and we didn't experience the whole place. Looks amazing!

1  Thank DebT20

We are glad your day did not disappoint! Sorry to hear about your toes, we hope they are on the mend and that you will be able to visit us again soon!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

My family and I are fairly frequent visitors to this attraction.

However I must say how helpful the Party Team have been with regard to re-arranging, and then re-arranging again my child's party due to illness. Nothing has been too much trouble. Emails are answered very quickly. Obtaining fresh invites, etc, has been easy.

Well done Hobbledown and Hobblers David, Claire, and Amber.

Thank you so much for your lovely comments. Of course nothing is too much trouble for our guests! We are grateful that you have chosen our venue to host such a special day. Hope to see you again soon.

See more reviews
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

We visited with some family and two 2 year olds. The 2 year olds loved it and were constantly running around. The outside play areas are good but a couple of those are aimed at slightly older children.

The indoor play area was well thought out but boiling hot on a not very sunny day!! We decided to go in there later in the afternoon as we just couldn't find a seat or somewhere just to put down bags etc when we arrived late morning.

The main downside was cost. At nearly £40 for three of us just to get in, it was just a bit too expensive.

Thank you for your feedback. We understand everyone has different budgets and we have various price tariffs to reflect this. If you visit after 3pm the prices are lower, as are our weekday off-peak prices.