“Excellent chicken!”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent chicken!”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I was a bit sceptical when a friend started raving about the chicken here particularly as I'm not a fan of the almost universally popular Nandos. I gave it a go though and I'm very glad I did! The restaurant is organised like a diner with formica booths that run to the back. It's very clean and leaves a fresh impression. The menu is short and simple and healthy. We ordered a whole grilled chicken which was just incredible. It was spicy, delicious and just meltingly tender and juicy. It was an eye-opener as to how chicken could be and should be! Add in the friendly and efficient service with the reasonable prices and you have one of the best places in Epsom to eat in. Highly recommended.

• Visited January 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Surely an alternative to Nandos”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Popped in here last night for take-out on the hoof after watching 12 Years a Slave (GREAT MOVIE!).
Wife just loves CHICKEN! so as this enroute home decided what the heck!
Restaurant is clean & bright - lacked any real atmosphere, thankfully we did not eat-in.
Menu is a very good mix of BBQ, burgers and of course CHICKEN!
Opted for 25 wings and 2 sides at £14.99 - not bad.
2 things I REALLY liked: first venue where they actually got our 'spicy' request spot on! 2nd is that they were measuring the temperature of the chicken whilst BBQ'ing which was a first for me.
VERY tasty and well worth a shot if you're stuck and want an alternative to Nandos in the area, just needs some atmosphere and doesn't need to be so 'bright' inside.

• Visited January 2014
Epsom, United Kingdom
“Better than Nandos”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Found this place shortly after moving to the area. Its now become a family favourite. We used to go to Nandos but after finding this gem I wouldn't go anywhere else!
Moist, tender chicken, lovely staff who are only too happy to help and a super clean comfortable restaurant.

Go there, You wont regret it and at half the price of Nandos you cant go wrong.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank epsomite2013
Crawley, England, United Kingdom
“Take-away order”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We have had a take away order from twice in the last month.
1) we ordered a platter meal which consisted of a whole chicken, chips, salad and coke. We didn't want the coke so they said we could have more chips instead. It came with garlic mayo and a chilli sauce. Good value for money and very tasty.
2) the second time we ordered the same meal they rang back after 10 mins to say they didn't have any salad!! I was quite surprised at this. I asked for some extra chicken wings instead but they said no so I said I'll have some pitta bread instead. When food came unfortunately the chilli sauce had leaked all over the bottle of coke.

The chips tend to be soggy and the salad mainly consists of lettuce but the chicken is very tasty.

• Visited September 2013
“I said I wouldn't hesitate to go back & I didn't.”
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

2nd visit. 15yr old went for super-hot option; I chickened out & went for lemon& herb; 13yr old stuck
with his usual mild option. All were really, really nice. I usually only agree to 1 fast-food meal per month, but I can see this easily becoming a default option on a Friday when I'm just too late home or too tired to cook. Different staff this time but still so friendly.

• Visited September 2013

Been to Roosters Piri Piri? Share your experiences!