“Spanish Food at its best”
Review of Ye olde kings head

Ye olde kings head
Ranked #36 of 189 Restaurants in Epsom
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My husband & I went there last night (02/05/14) at 8.45 pm, we ordered the special offer of 5 tapas for £20 and to our surprise portions are much bigger than what you get even in Spain, the food was freshly cooked and delicious and really excellent price. We were full and did not any more food. The pub is obviously a very much local pub but we loved the food and will recommend and go back again, by the way the chef is actually spanish which makes the big difference.

1  Thank French L

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Found this little gem on TripAdvisor and checked it out because of its good reviews. I'm not a local and was in town visiting my daughter who is at Uni.
Fabulous choice on the menu, great table service, prompt arrival of food. Just two minus points. ..parking and sweet menu. Otherwise friendly, tasty and reasonably priced pub grub with a twist

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We were visiting Epsom for a family occasion and were trying to find somewhere relaxed where we enjoy a nice meal and a few drinks... We struck gold here! The staff were fab and really made a huge effort to make sure both children and adults were catered for, even adapted meals to suit fussy eaters. All the food was great, but I have to say the tapas was amazing... I'd even consider driving from Brighton to just eat there again! Highly recommended... Friendly banter, great food and lovely atmosphere.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Popped in for Sunday lunch having failed to get a table in several other pubs we tried. We didn't try the tapas but went for traditional Sunday lunch dishes. There were 7 of us so a variety of food was ordered some of which was better than others. The roast beef I had was plentiful but it was a bit chewy and my husband was not overly impressed with the fish and chips however the belly pork was considered delicious and the deserts were universally popular.

1  Thank Margaret W
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We have been a couple of times before to this pub for some lovely tapas and decided to invite some friends round to discover it, too. As usual, tapas were lovely (except for the bread with tomato on top which we found rather average and wouldn't have again). So we happily paid the bill although it did seem slightly high but in our 'euphoria' weren't really thinking about it more than that. It's only afterwards that I started to challenge the way they had billed us in this pub. You get 5 tapas for £18.50 or £20.50 if you choose to include the lovely mini-paella. Most tapas are between £2.50 (for bread, patatas bravas and simply stuff like that) and £4.50. Upon ordering we asked for 2 tapas selections with paellas and the more expensive stuff + 2 portions of bread and 1 portion of potato skins to be billed on top of the tapas selections. We were assured the chef would sort it all out...which upon second thoughts it really seems he has done but instead of counting the cheap stuff on top of the tapas selections he must have counted it in and the more expensive stuff on top - that's the only way to explain the amount of the bill. But as no detail of the bill was provided this didn't struct us immediately and even now I am not too sure how things were billed but definitely not the way we wanted them to be billed (or any sensible customer would have done!). And this for a table of 6 where we were already spending quite a lot, with 3 bottles of wine, a beer, a couple of ciders and cokes order - not just tap water! I am afraid I feell cheated upon and won't be going back straight away and next time I do, I will make sure I get a detailed bill - which anybody eating the lovely tapas in this pub should do.

1  Thank HanneleD