Dove House
US$153
US$146
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
Premier Inn Farnham(Farnham)(Great Value!)
US$94
PremierInn.com
US$78
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Aldershot Hotel(Aldershot)(Great Value!)
US$60
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
US$110
Holiday Inn Farnborough(Farnborough)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$120
HolidayInn.com
All reviewsbed and breakfastsquires kitchenhome from hometrain stationros
Reviewed 16 March 2009

We decided to spend the weekend of Valentine's day at the Dove House in Farnham, mainly because of the holistic treatments on offer and the fact that it looked very homely.

Upon our arrival in Farnham, where we were picked up by owner Ros' husband, Steve, as a courtesy. When we arrived at the house we got settled into our comfortable room, and immediately warmed to the peaceful environment.

After a good nights rest, I proposed to my fiance, on Valentine's Day!

We enjoyed a delightful home cooked breakfast - all the ingredients had been carefully selected and everything was very tasty. I had a full English, with hashbrowns, sausage, bacon, mushrooms etc. There was also a great selection of jams and cereals available.

When we arrived back in the late afternoon after a day of exploring, we were delighted to find that Ros and Steve had bought us a lovely engagement card and a heart-shaped red balloon, in celebration of our engagement - a very touching and unforgettable gesture.

We asked Ros if she wouldn't mind cooking us something for dinner that night as we were not keen to join the Valentine's Day madness at the local restaurants. Ros cooked us a delicious meal and they even opened a bottle of French Champagne to celebrate! Dinner was a wonderful honey chicken dish with mushrooms, roast vegetables, crushed potatoes with stilton and brocolli. Dessert was profitaroles and fruit salad.

The following day before we left, we asked Ros if we could each have a Reiki treatment. This was also amazing, and we left feeling refreshed, relaxed and energised!

The Dove House is a very special place that one needs to experience in order to appreciate its little nuances.

This is beyond a top quality establishment - it feels like a home. I would highly recommend Dove House to anyone needing some peace, and a rest from the rat race.

Above all we were thrilled that we had met two wonderful people. To Ros and Steve - thank you for making our engagement weekend truly memorable!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roushka M
Reviewed 4 December 2008

What a fabulous stay at Dove House. Its a superb B&B and very centrally located in Farnham. I was made to feel so welcome, the room was comfortable, with a TV, kettle, iron and hairdryer (and some fantastic home made biscuits!). Ros sent me directions to the house by emial which was helppful as I am a nervous traveller in areas I don't know. The house felt peaceful and relaxing and reflects the fact that Ros is a complementary therapist as well . I had a Reiki treatment one evening which was marvellous and I slept like a log that night! . In the morning there was a great choice of food for breakfast, and I particularly liked the fruit and the home made bread. All I can say is "go and stay"!!!

Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 December 2008

What a lovely change to have a homely b&b and feel so welcomed. The single room is very comfortable with TV, etc. and really characterful with antique furniture and warming colouring.

I was made to feel very welcome and nothing was any bother and whilst only stayed a couple of nights would happily have stayed more! Great breakfast, too much even, but again a lovely dining room.

Wasn't too sure initially about the therapies on offer, but on the second night I had a Tibetan Acuppressure Head Massage and it was amazing! What a great idea to combine the two.

It was convenient for Farnham town and easy to park outside, will definitely be back when in the area again. Thanks!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 26 November 2008

My recent stay at Dove House, Farnham in Surrey was for a two night bed and breakfast business stay.

I arrived on Friday evening after a long journey and tiring show set up, to a welcoming and comfortable family home. I had telephoned a couple of days previously and Ros had very kindly agreed to cook us an evening meal. We had a delicious meal of honey chicken accompanied by roasted vegetables and crushed potatoes with stilton. For dessert, Roz had prepared a fabulously decadant chocolate mousse which was simply divine. The food was freshly cooked and the portions were more than ample.

My room at Dove House was a comfortable double room with TV and tea making facilities.I had a great night's sleep in the comfortable and stylishly covered bed. A jacuzzi bath and shower were situated in the shared family bathroom. There was plenty of choice for breakfast - a feast of fresh healthy fruit salad, grapefruit and home baked toasted bead then a cooked full English breakfast.

Dove House is situated on a quiet road with open countryside and walks on the doorstep. The pretty market town of Farnham is a short walk away and offers many excellent shops, craft galleries and restaurants.

I had a lovely stay at Dove House, nothing seemed too much for Roz who even managed to fit me in for a professional and relaxing Korean Head Massge - a perfect stay which I highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)