“Lovely venue but it's gone downhill”

The Duke of Cambridge
Ranked #3 of 128 Restaurants in Farnham
Price range: US$8 - US$23
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Farnham, United Kingdom
“Lovely venue but it's gone downhill”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This used to be our favourite haunt but it's gone down hill rapidly. I am so disappointed as the location is fantastic. I took friends for lunch twice over the last few weeks and have been very disappointed. The menu is average and the wine list terrible. The choice of wine by the glass is appalling. What's happened?

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank newlywedMay2007
Amy C, General Manager at The Duke of Cambridge, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for your review and providing us feedback following your visit to the Duke of Cambridge.
I am sincerely sorry to hear that your last two experiences with us have not matched your previous or met your expectations. Whilst our location offers a fantastic setting we are always critically aware that the service and food must compliment this in quality and consistency at all times. Our team are dedicated and passionate about what we deliver and always care to understand if our guests are happy during their experience or if there is anything needed to be done to ensure the experience is enjoyable.
To read your review is greatly disappointing as it is after the event; I would be keen to understand things in more detail and learn what it was that let you down, apologise in person and see if there is opportunity to rectify your disappointment. I would be very grateful to hear from you, you can contact me directly at the Duke, I hope to hear from you soon.

Liphook
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bit pricey but worth it”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Lovely country pub with excellent food and even better staff. The staff cannot do enough for you. Very pleasant experience

• Visited April 2014
Woking, United Kingdom
“A lovely pub!”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We came here to celebrate my wife's best friends birthday. The weather had cleared, so we sat on the covered outside terrace. Very continental!
The waitress table service was excellent and appropriately at tentative without being intrusive.
Food was of a good standard although they appear to have skinned the sausages before they put them in the sandwich I had; a little odd, I thought. The outdoor garden BBQ and bar is great!

Liddington, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and quality service!”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I was brought here by my girlfriend for my birthday and really enjoyed the experience.

The food was awesome, i like the simple dishes (Sausage and Mash) but my other half had the steak. Best Sausage and Mash i have had in a long while.

Service was fast and effiecient and very polite.

Lots of space for parking. Outside looked lovely and i bet its amazing in the summer. I went in December so will be back this year at some point.

• Visited December 2013
Hampshire, United Kingdom
“**Fantastic service & Fantastic meal**”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We visited The Duke of Cambridge today as we were treating our parents to dinner, there were six of us plus our 19 month old daughter. I just want to say what a fantastic find, gorgeous surroundings, super efficient and friendly staff, the food was hot and absolutely delicious and the timings in between courses meant we didn't feel rushed. Our daughter had a lovely time in the garden as we sat and had a drink in the sunshine before and after our meal.
We will definitely be visiting again and will recommend to everyone we know. Carry on doing what you're doing and I'm sure everyone will just keep coming back! We're planning our next visit already!

• Visited June 2014