“avoid the caesar salad!”

The Duke of Cambridge
Ranked #5 of 131 Restaurants in Farnham
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Being local, we have visited The Duke of Cambridge in the past. Being summer, we thought that we would try The Caesar Salad - big mistake. Nice pice of chicken and the lettuce was crisp but every thing else was mediocre. The dressing was bland, parmesan cheese was hard to find and the croutons were awful, bit like damp cardboard. We mentioned our disappointment to the waitress, who passed our comments to the chef, who agreed that the croutons were not good and that they would prepare a fresh batch.
When we came to pay the bill, no consideration was made to the poor standard of the main dish. The serving staff are always friendly, so we may give the restaurant another try later.

2  Thank John E
Alex F, Manager at The Duke of Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time for providing feedback following your recent visit to the Duke of Cambridge. I am disappointed to hear that one of dishes wasn't up to our usual standard and that we didn't do enough at the time to rectify the situation. This has been fed back to the team and we have redesigned this dish to ensure that your feedback is acted on.
We pride ourselves on high standards of food and service, so I do hope you will try us again soon and trust your future visit is more enjoyable.
If you would like to discuss further I am available through the pub.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Had such a lovely night here. Food was fantastic and the staff were great, especially our waiter Tom who went above and beyond to please us. Would definitely come again and recommend it to friends.

1  Thank Josiemeredith
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely pub. Went there on a sunny Sunday with friends. We sat at the back yard. It has a very nice atmosphere. Most of the visitors were families with kids but it was not noisy. The food was delicious but it was very disappointing that the cutleries were VERY dirty. Thankfully, we had vinegar on the table and we cleaned them!!!

Alex F, Manager at The Duke of Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your recent visit to the Duke of Cambridge. I am pleased that you found the ambience and food enjoyable, but I am disappointed to read about our cutlery, for which I am sincerely sorry. Your feedback has been shared with our team as this is not the standard we look to deliver to our guests.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again at the Duke soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We booked at table for 18 today, the service was great, food delicious and piping hot. The restaurant was very busy so we were all impressed by the speed of service. Would definitely recommend.

1  Thank Lucy9876543
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Pub great, waiters great, food awfull, not happy.

Been here many times since it first opened but having not been here for a while we were hugely disappointed this evening. A food snob I am not but the food tonight was truly awfull. Spoke to Alex the manager and expressed my disapointment and he offered us a discount which was not the point but seemed to be his solution.
If we return then I hope it is better if it's not then I won't return as there are alternative venues in the area.

3  Thank Stephen C
Amy C, General Manager at The Duke of Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for your review and providing us valuable feedback following your visit to the Duke of Cambridge.
I can see from your previous reviews that you have had some enjoyable meals with us and it truly disappointing to see that we did not meet the same standards on your most recent trip. Please would you kindly contact me directly at the Duke as we never wish for our guests to leave with any unhappiness unresolved and I would be very grateful to follow up your visit to a more satisfactory level.
I hope to hear from you soon.