“Pleasant discovery”

Daniele Sicillian Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 130 Restaurants in Farnham
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a family run Sicillian Restaurant situated on the outskirts of Farnham Town Centre, with plently of free parking. It has become increasingly popular with the local community especially with our new wood burning pizza oven. We have a wide variety of different sicillain pizzas to suit every palette. We pride ourselves on our daily fresh fish that is to be chosen before cooked and served.
Somerset
“Pleasant discovery”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I had no idea that this place was there, and picked it from TripAdvisor reviews for an evening out to celebrate my mother's birthday.

I'm glad I did!

Being a Thursday night it was quite quiet, although all the outside tables were taken, but still pleasant. The young waiter, from Portugal we learned, was friendly and chatty without ever threatening to be overly so, and contributed to our good impressions.

We went for mains only: my lamb rump in Barolo (substituted for rack of lamb, which I think I would have preferred, also mentioned by a previous reviewer) was fine; my wife's salmon lovely; my mother's haddock and asparagus risotto also good. The dishes were very attractively presented.

Decent selection of wines and our Chardonnay was fine.

Negatives?: The menu was very long (Gordon Ramsey would be saying far too long ;-)), much of it pizza, which would be fine but they didn't actually have any, disappointing a couple who came in after us.

But all in all an excellent evening and we will definitely return.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Valiant2

“Great night ”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Don't normally write reviews but this place is awesome. Would recommend to anyone wanting great food and good wine....

Yateley, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

It's so nice to go to an Italian restaurant that isn't a chain brand. We had a lovely evening here – the staff were friendly and attentive, the atmosphere was cosy and warm, the Prosecco was delicious and the food was very nice. It really is a lovely local restaurant. The only reason I'm not giving it five stars is because there was a very limited choice for vegetarians/vegans. If there were a couple more veggie options, it would get full marks from me!

• Visited April 2014
“Excellent service”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We went to a wedding reception on Saturday 28th June and the service from the staff was brilliant. They were very helpful and accommodating and could not fault them. The buffet food that was laid out was an assortment of hot food and was like having a restaurant meal. I can't wait to go again and try out their menu.

Farnham, United Kingdom
“Disappointed - not up to previous standards”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Visited on Friday evening (27 June) to celebrate my dad's birthday. My mum ordered the rack of lamb, but was advised it would be rump but "just as tender". However, this was not the case. Instead, it was tough and chewy and the vegetables were not very appetising. The Pollo Reale that my dad ordered had some hard and chewy mushrooms in it. Then a lovely panna cotta was spoilt by being smothered in a sweet sauce when decoration with a simple strawberry would have been enough and much more refreshing. We did not stay for coffee as the service was particularly slow that evening. Maybe it was down to the staff and chef that were on duty that evening as we have had much better experiences when the owners are on duty, both in terms of the welcoming and quality of food.

• Visited June 2014