“Fresh Fish, Piping Hot”

The Traditional Plaice
Ranked #60 of 127 Restaurants in Farnham
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Fast food
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Farnborough, United Kingdom
“Fresh Fish, Piping Hot”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

We dined in the restaurant on Friday, early evening. The meal was piping hot and was excellent, however, the staff were a trifle sloppy, knocking over a pot of coffee. The restaurant is looking quite tired, in need of a refurbishment. This however will not prevent me from returning in the near future. One comment to the management. Cook your mushy peas from scratch and do away with mashed marrowfat peas.

• Visited June 2013

Guildford, England, United Kingdom
“Great takeaway, terrible restaurant”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I have had takeaways from here countless times, but have only rarely ventured into the restaurant. Earlier this year I popped in with my missus for a quick lunch. We wanted to share a large meal and a starter but they told us we would have to pay a minimum amount each, which was basically equal to two meals. So we ordered separately and considering I had a large fish and chips, the portion sizes were really small. It was more expensive than a large fish and chips from the takeaway, but a lot smaller!
The atmosphere felt like an old-people's home, really dreary and despite the fact that the restaurant was far from empty most people were sat in silence.
It's a really shame as the takeaway is superb, but I won't be going back to the restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
Surrey England
“Straightforward fish and chips - with class”
Reviewed 13 April 2013

I like the Traditional Plaice. Everything's well cooked whether you eat in or take away. You can be really traditional and take your fish and chips with tea - or more classy with wine. Good service too.

Visited April 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best fish and chips in England!”
Reviewed 16 January 2013

The best fish and chips in England!
It's always nice to find a local chippy.
It was amazing while I lived in Farnham.
The chips were the most beautiful I've ever eaten. And soooo consistent. I always try to return when I visit.

Thanks a lot guys :)

Jez

1 Thank Jezter31
Hastings, United Kingdom
“Central Farnham, huge pay car parking, great food”
Reviewed 11 January 2013

I like its position, so central to shops, access the backway through the car park. The fish and chips are excellent, crispy batter, succulent food. Reasonable prices, popular lunchtimes and early evening, takeaway section at front of shop. Sea pictures adorn the walls, good ambience, service good

Visited November 2012