“Nice food and helpful staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

Forest Inn
Ranked #99 of 126 Restaurants in Farnham
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Farnham, United Kingdom
“Nice food and helpful staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

Stopped here on the way home on a busy Sunday afternoon. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised as having read some of the previous reviews I thought that it was going to be pretty bad. However the staff were friendly, helpful and eager to please. The food was very good and served within a reasonable time. The prices are great and we had a complete meal including coffee's etc for under £25. All I can say is that if people are expecting gourmet dining then you should look elsewhere and expect to pay much higher prices. Ideal for families etc, we will certainly be returning for another visit.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Susan T

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AVOID!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2012

We went here for a birthday meal, there were five of us, we were there half an hour before we were asked if we would like anything to drink, we then ordered our food which took an hour!!
When it finally came out they had forgotten about two of the meals, so myself and nan had nothing! the meals that did come out were cold and the well done steaks were bloody.
We asked to speak to the manager who was very aggressive and ended up leaving and going to the Woodlark pub in Whitehill which was excellent,
It totally ruined the occasion and I would never ever go back here again!

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Forest Inn, responded to this review, 12 December 2012
Dear smaguire01920,

Thank you for tking the time to provide your review, we have asked our senior management team to investigate the issues you have raised.

We have sent you a direct message to discuss your review further.

Thanks
Fayre & Square
hants
“the worst food i have had”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

me and my friend or the some meal which had lots of different meat on it which was not cook right and also did not ask us both how we wanted the meat to cooked

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Camberley, United Kingdom
“I JUST CAN'T MAKE UP MY MIND!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

Must admit we've been here a few times, including back in the day when it was Millers Kitchen. Overall the place has improved both in decor and staff atitude which can only be a plus. The staff are friendly and attentive. The problem is with the food service - on the majority of occasions we seem to get the wrong orders or a delay in some of the dishes arriving at the table. This is inconvenient, especially in a group environment. Also, on this visit I chose a mid range wine (white/medium dry) and it was the worst I've had in a long time The waitress did advise me to have the slightly more expensive Banrock but I ignored her advice which was a big mistake

Food portions are good and it must be remembered that you're not paying for a gourmet meal or a fine dining experience. Prices are very reasonable but we seem to always have difficulty working out the "deals" and end up paying slightly more than expected.

However, it is a convenient location and price range if you're in a group (especially on those family occasions when I end up with the bill!). With an out of town location there is always plenty of parking. Overall I might have considered a lower mark if it wasn't for the staff.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Hampshire, United Kingdom
“Good Food, Great Prices, Great Location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

We went to the Forest Inn on Saturday, which is now a Fayre & Square chain restaurant, previously a Millers Kitchen, me and partner with our two mums, they have many meals on a two for a tenner deal which is great. Lots of veggie meals, I had the veggie sausage toad in the hole a MASSIVE yorkie pud with 3 chunky veggie sausages (not pretend meat-a-like ones!) and a huge dollop of mash not enough peas for my liking though but I am a pea addict!absolutely scrumptious! My mum had a jacket with prawns and was happy with that. Our food came out mega quick BUT my partner and his mums came out 20 mins later than ours which made us feel a tad uncomfortable, but we ate ours anyway as it wouldve got cold. They ordered a bucket of fish which came in a sandcastle bucket! very quaint, he said it was scrummy shame it arrived so late though! we would go again even though half the dinners arrived late. Great prices, its a take your table number and order at the bar type restaurant right next to Bird World and Alice Holt so ideal after a family day out!

• 3 of 5 bubbles