“Don't bother”

Ranked #101 of 135 Restaurants in Farnham
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We have used forest inn regularly in the past , but on our last visit the food was really bad and service not much better. If you do decide to go don't have the BBQ bucket. All our meals were cold, will never go back again

1  Thank denise a
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Forest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Dear denise a

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Forrest Inn in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Fayre & Square

Reviewed 23 September 2013

15 minutes queue for drinks and then 30 minutes queue for food - Not good enough! Didn't get food until 90 minutes after we walked in. The food was cheap but average at best. On a plus the children enjoyed the playground.

1  Thank Robin S
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Forest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear Robin S, thank you for your recent feedback on Trip Advisor. Your comments were a concern to hear and I would like to investigate your visit further with the Management Team of the pub. I have sent you a direct message to discuss this further and look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind Regards, Fayre & Square

Reviewed 4 September 2013

we went here for the evening before my nieces wedding. there was 15 of us. there was only one member of staff behind the bar. we had booked in advanced and were pointed in the direction of our tables. we re arranged the tables to make one big table then went back to bar to queue to be served only to be told we were sat at the wrong tables and that ours were other end of restaurant that area was reserved for a party of 28 (good job this party did not turn up because the 1 member of staff would not of been able to cope) we then rearranged our tables again to make one big one. we then went to queue again to order our 15 meals this took an age as poor staff member was not able to cope with all the customers. the food itself was really good very hot well presented and delivered quickly and efficiently all at the same time. just a shame that the management didn't look at the bookings and realise that a party of 15 and a party of 28 had booked and put more that one member of staff on the bar

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Only the second time I've eaten at this chain. You seat yourself and order at the bar. Meals large and even larger if you upgrade them :) All mains enjoyed. Our daughters fancied the novelty sharing desserts (not cheap). One selection looks like burgers and kebabs and one looks like pizza. The pizza dessert was made up incorrectly and as it's not cheap we pointed this out and asked for the correct dessert. This was done but practically slammed down in front of us. Not sure why - we didn't see "our" waiter to point out the mistake and did so at the bar. Maybe our waiter took offence at this. His little strop was so obvious we burst out laughing. The pizza nearly bounced off the plate. His tip is still in my pocket though!!! I would eat at the chain again but wouldn't pay for the novelty desserts again - the pizza was the better of the two. The all day breakfast was particularly enjoyed.

2  Thank Nicola M
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Went out of our way to go to a restaurant with a name we knew Fayre and Square. Wish we hadn't bothered. It was ten to nine at night, the place was virtually empty but we were still told there would be an hours wait for food. Needless to say we didn't bother.

2  Thank my o
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Forest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Dear my o

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Forest Inn in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards